• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESABA question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One thing to remember about all this is that companies will do background checks in different ways. I was never taken to jail or fingerprinted, I don't know if the FBI has a file on me, I was issued a ticket and in 10 minutes was on my way (hardly the crime of the century). I do know that now 16 years later I can get on the internet and find that charge in less than 3 minutes for free. Information like this is very easy to obtain.

Last edited:
Do regionals do different checks than legacies? Or are the FBI checks using the fingerprints the same at legacies as the regionals?

I would guess that if a person has worked at several regionals and their checks always come back good, they would continue to come back good.

Best rule = always disclose anything during the application and hiring process. Honesty will never hurt.

Last edited:
One thing to remember about all this is that companies will do background checks in different ways. I was never taken to jail or fingerprinted, I don't know if the FBI has a file on me, I was issued a ticket and in 10 minutes was on my way (hardly the crime of the century). I do know that now 16 years later I can get on the internet and find that charge in less than 3 minutes for free. Information like this is very easy to obtain.

Where did you obtain this information? I am trying to find info on a speeding ticket I got many years ago.

Last edited:
I don't know when he got hired. I flew with him about three years ago. It came up when he was being pulled from our last turn because we were going to Canada and he couldn't go. He said he knows of another like himself. Mesaba hired both of them knowing they would scew every pairing with Canadian destinations on them. Sucks for the other FO's that get pulled from thier pairings to cover someone elses turns.

Last edited:
Where did you obtain this information? I am trying to find info on a speeding ticket I got many years ago.

State records generally track speeding tickets for 3,5 and 7 years. If you hold a drivers license in that state. Also there must be a adjudication of guilt for the ticket to appear on your state driving record. Most states if you go to the driver improvement course to keep the points of your license then adjudication is withheld.

I good way to start is getting your state driving record, just google the controlling state agency and you will find links on there to pull it. Also you can try the clerk of courts in the county the violation occurred, the record of the ticket usually stays with them forever. However it usually does not list a disposition.

Last thing the NDR ( National Driver Registry) only tracks major motor vehicle driving infractions, I.E... DUI and Vehicular Homicide ETC.....

Hope that helps

I don't know when he got hired. I flew with him about three years ago. It came up when he was being pulled from our last turn because we were going to Canada and he couldn't go. He said he knows of another like himself. Mesaba hired both of them knowing they would scew every pairing with Canadian destinations on them. Sucks for the other FO's that get pulled from thier pairings to cover someone elses turns.

Generally the restriction on VISA'S into Canada are lifted once 5 years has past. This means 5 years from the final event of sentence, last day of probation, last day in jail, day fine was paid, last DUI course take. Which ever date is the later.

Once this happens you have to apply for eligibility to the Canadian Consulate.

he found out he has a non-felony, non-misdemaenor public intoxication
I doubt it makes much difference but a public intoxication citation is a misdemeanor offence.

Latest resources

Back