• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba & Pinnacle to fight it out!!??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't believe I was whining. I believe I am saying to you pukes who say we should all work on our days off to make a decent living that you can kiss my a@$. You need to quit whining to me about how you can't make a living at the airlines. Quit your frickin flyin job and quit complaining.

screwed_again said:
Yeah, sure, $200K/year with an "online real estate business." Sounds like you're trying lure people into some pyramid scheme. Did you get started placing "tiny little classified ads" in newspapers across the country from your tiny one-bedroom apartment? Lets see a W-2.

Want your proof?? go to ebay, look under the screen name deltalima31 for a sales history. Or perhaps look into some of my feedback from past sales. a pyramid scheme or late night infomercial is the last thing I base my business on.

Lear70 said:
Guys, guys... Read a little deeper and think about it for a second.

He's not advocating having a second job to be able to live... he's advocating having a 2nd job so that he doesn't feel PRESSURED INTO ACCEPTING A SUBSTANDARD CONTRACT!

If all of us had a way to make a living elsewhere and the company tried to ram a bad contract down our throats, how many MORE of us would be willing to walk?

I'm in the same boat, I've helped my aunt sell real estate... it's not what I want to do for a living but it DOES make me about 3,000 or so every time I sell a house (about once a month helping her part-time). Full-time I could probably clear 9k to 10k a month, and it makes a great back-up for when I vote NO on a shootty contract.

I also rebuild and sell 3000gt / stealth engines on eBay. Costs me about $1,000 to buy a good used block and parts and I can sell it for about $1,500 to $1,700 and it takes 2 full days to build one. Doing that 4 days a week I could clear 4k a month... about what I'd make on reserve at this company and again, ANOTHER WAY TO VOTE DOWN A CONTRACT BECAUSE I HAVE A BACKUP PLAN!

That's all he's saying... be PREPARED to vote no and have a way to support yourself and family when you do it.

Thank you for illustrating my point.

F***ing brutal. I get about 15 plus days off at Mesaba after 1.5 yrs and make appx 29 an hr. Im sorry but I have better things to do on my days off than work. I realize you may not have had alot of options i assume that why you are under the Mesa banner, but when you guys allowed Freedom to run you all into a horrible contract and then you allowed the lists to be intergrated you lost all rights to brag or even speak about fair contracts. Airlines like Mesa, GJ and Freedom are the reason that we are in these positions in the first place.[/quote]

Please see where I posted that I am a 2nd year FO, I wasnt here when Freedom was born. However If I was, there is little that I could have done as an individual to stop it, hence the reason for everyone having additional income to stand your ground on contract talks and improve QOL. Management certainly isnt going to do it based on the graciousness of their hearts.

DeltaLima, you should have had the sense to stay away from them if you say you werent there until afterwards. In my eyes thats even worse, But you gotta do what ya gotta do, I guess. I see Mankato Alumni are still out there. But in my instance i didnt spend 4 years in school and countless time in a c150 to have a partime job on the side to make ends meet. Ive got a partime job, Mesaba.

MesabaDriver said:
DeltaLima, you should have had the sense to stay away from them if you say you werent there until afterwards. In my eyes thats even worse, But you gotta do what ya gotta do, I guess. I see Mankato Alumni are still out there. But in my instance i didnt spend 4 years in school and countless time in a c150 to have a partime job on the side to make ends meet. Ive got a partime job, Mesaba.

From an industry standpoint, those not working for MAG should be happy about my feelings toward signing a industry leading contract. The more people that come to MAG with any backbone could/would have an effect on the entire industry. If anything, having finnacial freeedom allows me to vote no on substandard contracts. I hope there is a day where the profession is respected and compensated with what it once was. This is one way to work towards that.

Mankato was a great place to learn to fly. But im glad I took the business classes while I was there.

I want a million a day and 29 days of a month. After that I may consider not asking for more. Mesaba and 9E pilots will stand their ground and demand good contracts. NWA more than ever and as always will not give their business to anyone that they don't control. #2 they will not give it all to one of us and loose controlled whipsaws. Whipsawing people that they "control". As much as many of us want to believe we may venture from the nest on our own, it won't happen. Past attempts have been for show and were doomed from the start and always will be. NWA dows not operate like United. There are a hands on management. The people that keep posting things like here comes mesa or shutttle or other crap hole operations, just like that they keep taking work from the others that didn't cave like they did. As always please see forest through the trees, times change , I know, but look at 9E and Mesaba for the last decade and learn from that past. Don't let this crap ruin your holiday season, our dollar here dollar there contract differences won't change NWA plan from the begining. Demand the world and smile every day, don't worry, giving in to concessions will only lessen your pay for the hours you will work anyway. HAPPY HOLIDAY'S EVERYONE.

Last edited:
Rossa said:
Poor choice of words on my part.
Agreed.

The REALITY of our position TODAY, is that mngt has the upper hand (before you go off on a rant, THEY DO!!).
Agreed.

Maybe you shouldn't shoot from the hip next time! Maybe you should read what I ACTUALLY said before calling me an Idiot!
See above. You chose your words poorly and I interpreted them exactly as they were written. If you had ORIGINALLY replied as you did in your 2nd post, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

If I snap back unfairly, I apologize in advance.
You didn't... I'm quick to go off on people who tell us to suck it up and quit fighting for more... my bad. :cool:

Again, I'm not telling people they NEED to have a side job to "make ends meet", I'm just saying it makes it a LOT easier to vote "No".

NWA more than ever and as always will not give their business to anyone that they don't control. #2 they will not give it all to one of us and loose controlled whipsaws.
This is the statement of the day.

Latest resources

Back