Mesaba & Pinnacle to fight it out!!??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dufus1 said:
When I am off I want to be off. Days off are meant to be spent playing with my kid, not working another job. Just accept having to have a 2nd job??? Kiss mine. I want one job and one job only. For that I will not accept pay cuts if, but most likely when I am asked.
Its these guys that have second jobs, "clearing 200k a year" and then bi*ch about the flying job that are the problem. Quit your whining and quit flying if you hate it so bad. In the last few days I have heard numerous people say they are sick of it and are going to quit..."I make 3 times as much at my other job"...they say. Then quit already!!! There are so many of you that if you would all just quit, the airlines would see a sudden but short term "shortage" and then maybe wages would come back. Wouldn't that be fun to watch management scramble?

Rant over, soap box put away.

There is truth to be said about putting all your eggs in one basket. I love flying the 1900, with no autopilot. I am NOT however, doing it for free, and I WILL do what it takes to improve QOL for everyone. Why dont you just give the airline your soul?? My friend, it is a free market, and they can pay you McDonalds wages if and only IF you accept it. Talk about being put in a corner with no way out. You dont need to make 200K to improve QOL, anything to subsidize the pay scales now is an improvement. Just an FYI, I dont spend my days off with my business, I can spend 2 hours a week before my 2:15 PM show time and still get all my business done. Quit Whining. I somehow managed to fit in a week cruise to the Carribean, numerous fishing and hunting trips to Alaska, and Montana, 5 days in Germany, and still days off at home with family just this last 6 months.

Does Air Midwest have any destinations in Mexico or Central America?

needsumluv said:
200k what kind of business do you have

I buy state delinquent lands, and resell them on Ebay. I use the same ad to sell the area, minimizing the time I spend marketing the individual parcels. I took one trip to photograph features of the area, and did a little marketing to turn a decent profit. This can be done in multiple strates, with little research, good luck.

Yudso said:
Does Air Midwest have any destinations in Mexico or Central America?

Current AMW domiciles AHN, CHS, CKB, DUJ, FMN, GCK, HOB, HON, HRO, JBR, LNS, MCI, MSS, PIT, PKB, ROW, SLN

Considering the range of the mighty beech, you can figure it out. Good Luck.

Latest resources

Back