• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba pilot arrested in Houston in child sex sting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Teacher's are required to intervene if they think there is child abuse going on. By intervene, I mean report it to the proper authorities.

All the news stories make sure to point out that he was a pilot. What does the man's occupation have to do with anything? He could just as easily have been an engineer, accountant, or the Mayor of Portland.
ATP certificate requires:
"good moral character"?
PBR

Unfortunately, that's because society has been trained to think that the gas station attendant would be the more likely culprit. To see someone of power and prestige taken down, makes the plebs wet in their pants. Our society trains us to believe that those who are in the limelight of life, with power and wealth are somehow more ethical.
And it’s important for the media to point out the more powerful and prestigious culprits because they are usually the ones that tend to have the most control over the majority of the viewers lives. If a reporter were to tell of a gas station attendant who tried to have sex with a kid it just wouldn’t capture the attention of most viewers. However, if the reporter could use the title of a doctor, childcare worker, or someone that people are forced to have trust in, then we have a story because they have forced as many as possible to identify.

With all the recent press over the Sully accident at LGA, people are briefly identifying with Sully and other pilots as real American heroes. Everyone has great trust in this guy for good reason. The media is now able to capture attention by saying “now this, (stop thinking about that) a young airline pilot was just caught trying to target someone’s child for rape”. The reporters let it be known that this was probably not the first time this predator has done this and that the accused pilot had multiple identity and free travel, making it easy for “his type” to go undetected. Now that’s a story that gets attention at this brief moment and it makes money. The reporter’s job is to make money just like everyone else.

This guy is a sexual pervert and needs massive help. Also, he is a dangerous criminal and he needs to be locked up.

However, what the heck is a 12 year old talking to this guy for? It's not like he is 5. At 12 years old your old enough to know better. What have his parents taught him till now? Geez, 200 years ago the kid would have gotten the shotgun down from over the fireplace and would have popped him in the head.

However, what the heck is a 12 year old talking to this guy for? It's not like he is 5. At 12 years old your old enough to know better. What have his parents taught him till now? Geez, 200 years ago the kid would have gotten the shotgun down from over the fireplace and would have popped him in the head.

The kid may be gay too. Either that or he thought he had an airline pilot as a role model.

I dunno. When I was 14, a 28 yr old seemed like this way older adult, doing adult things like drinking coffee and sleeping with chicks left and right. By the time I reached 28, I still felt like a kid... I'm in my mid-30's and still behave like one, for that matter.

I wonder if that guy knows what happens to rapists and molesters in prison. They tend to get the royal treatment while incarcerated. Like severe beatings and non-stop butt action.

Don't forget about the custom Dental Plan....:eek:

Sick bastard... I hope he catches HELL....:angryfire

V1

Thank goodness he's still a probie or else the union would surely fight like crazy to keep his job.

If that ever happened to any of my kids, I'd lose my job for sure. I'd gladly do life just to protect my kids.

I keeeeeeel youououououououou.

Ditto... but there has to be a body to be charged with a crime.... :D They'd never find the rat bastard.

V1

He was a new FO, I doubt he even had the flight time for an ATP either...
Sounds like a double gene pool removal. Queer and soon to be convicted, little boy molester, gonna make someone a fine "wife" in the pen.
PBR

If not a probie, alpa would file a grievance, get his job back after awhile, with full seniority and longevity.
It happened with the pilots busted for alcohol and weed. They were back on board in 2008. Good guys, but wtf?

Latest resources

Back