• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba pilot arrested in Houston in child sex sting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is interesting that the news media runs a story showing a pilot being accused of being a drunk and everyone says wait for the facts. A guy gets accused of being a pedophile and he is immediately guilty.

You're right. They have lots in common; namely aviation. All this 28 yr old airline pilot wanted to do was give the 14 yr old some "stick time." Nothing wrong with that. :rolleyes:

Hats off to the Mesaba HR department for letting this ****************************** through the doors. As I recall, there was a psychological test to pass at the interview....He must have lied on the question about finding little boys attractive.

Hats off to the Mesaba HR department for letting this ****************************** through the doors. As I recall, there was a psychological test to pass at the interview....He must have lied on the question about finding little boys attractive.

Little is subjective.

Deleted.

But I am sure Delta is thinking about their exposure if this guy had flowed through.

If Delta is going to honor the flow through, they can't rely on Mesaba HR to get things right.

Last edited:
FO: We got a four day off stretch coming up ... I was thinking of trying to non rev out to Colorado and get some skiing in, or maybe that car show in Detroit, supposed to be the World's largest. What you going to do on your off days?

CAPT:

Oh yeah, don't think this thing won't make it into my preflight briefings somehow...

Raskal - Thread creep, but Audi had that engine & car out on several displays in Detroit. What they are doing with diesel is pretty incredible. What's a direct injection pump run anyway? In the ball park of 30,000 PSID if my conversion is close to right. They also had the V10, carbon fibre, A8 there.

Last edited:
Raskal - Thread creep, but Audi had that engine & car out on several displays in Detroit. What they are doing with diesel is pretty incredible. What's a direct injection pump run anyway? In the ball park of 30,000 PSID if my conversion is close to right. They also had the V10, carbon fibre, A8 there.

That's about right, last number I saw was a bit over 29000. VW just won Dakkar with a TDI Touareg.

And yeah, what the VW/Audi group has done is pretty amazing. Between the Jetta and the new A3 TDI there are finally some great diesels out there. The goal is to get VW's lineup back to what it used to be, where a TDI engine is available in almost every car.

This is where I fear the incessantly lobbied congress is destroying the US automotive industry with the maniacal push to electric. Personally, I think electric is a total fallacy and will directly cause what automotive industry we have left to fail. Bio-diesel is a sure way to achieve foreign oil independance with proven technology and none of the absurd limitations of electric and yet, no one here wants to talk about it. I don't get it.

How long do you think it will take Porsche to kill this:

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/vortex_news/article_2562.shtml

VW might have built it. Now that Porsche runs the show they probably will not want it to steal sales from the Cayman / Boxster.

You kind of hit it on the head, Porsche and that awful little boxster (granted, I'm biased) is king. It all comes down to price point and market, I know a lot of VW folks are hopeful. I really think they'll have a 2 seater within a year or two, probably diesel-it's not an enormous threat to Porsche and if they can keep it different it'll be allowed.

At least one really nice piece of news is that the Scirocco is coming to the US-finally. I haven't driven it yet but I have been up close and I can't wait.

Teacher's are required to intervene if they think there is child abuse going on. By intervene, I mean report it to the proper authorities.

All the news stories make sure to point out that he was a pilot. What does the man's occupation have to do with anything? He could just as easily have been an engineer, accountant, or the Mayor of Portland.

Latest resources

Back