Mesaba Picketing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PCL_128

Pilots for Mesaba Airlines will be conducting informational picketing in MEM, DTW, and MSP today, Thursday the 26th. I will be walking the picket line in DTW with them along with other Pinnacle pilots, and I encourage all ALPA pilots from any carrier to do the same. If you live in any of these cities or can easily catch a flight there, please come and show your support. What happens to Mesaba affects us all. It's time that we stand together. Here's the details of the picketing activity:

In MSP, we will meet at 10:30am outside of the ALPA office at 7900 International Drive, Bloomington, MN by the buses. We will take the buses downtown and picket by the courthouse. If you would like to go downtown directly, please meet at the Crown Plaza Minneapolis Downtown Hotel at 11:00am. The hotel is located at 618 Second Avenue South. The buses will return around 1:30pm.​

In DTW, we will meet at the strike center in the Hilton Suites Detroit Metro Airport hotel at 4:30pm. This is across from the Clarion on Wickman Road. We will take a bus to the airport to picket until 6:30pm.​

In MEM, we will meet at the strike center in the Holiday Inn Select Memphis Airport at 11:45am and will picket until 2pm at the airport.​

why at such times i'm ready to picket at 1030 in dtw and i can't it sounds like anouther way that mesaba management to fu*k over the pilot group.
you mesaba pilots need to make to make a presiiedience and to make this happen now and not later.

I just read what my mec sent me and if you mesaba pilots even agree to fly for these wages you are lower than dirt. you will be anouther mesa and there is no way you guys should come to this level on discrace. I stand strong with all my PCL brothers and if you cave on this we are done with you. You are setting the standard low now.

I just read what my mec sent me and if you mesaba pilots even agree to fly for these wages you are lower than dirt. you will be anouther mesa and there is no way you guys should come to this level on discrace. I stand strong with all my PCL brothers and if you cave on this we are done with you. You are setting the standard low now.

Hello pot meet kettel

Nobody agreed to anything. The company set the terms without any approval by the unions.

From the latest hotline:

Mesaba MEC said:
Negotiations Update –

As reported earlier the Negotiating Committee and management returned to the bargaining table this evening. Those talks continue at this time and as a result management has decided to delay the imposition of new contract terms. As of now, our current contract remains in full force and effect.

Last edited:
Don't suggest that Mesaba will want to lower the bar. Signing a growth contract a few years back set Mesaba up to be one of the better paid reginonal airlines.

Unfortuantly in this case most Mesaba employees have families to support. Just walking away from the job isn't as easy as it seems.

What's going on is BS but when it comes to "trying to" restore an industry or giving up your house.... what would you do. Most cannot say unless they have a family.

Buckwheat is flaming. PCL guys and gals are behind you and we will be there today to show our support. We will be there again if you get to actually strike. This fight is not just Mesaba's, it's everyones. I hope the Mesaba pilots hold the line just like everyone else. What the SLT has done is fraud in my book, and I would like nothing more than to see Jinglepants and Foley get a 24 year sentence like Skilling.

Latest resources

Back