• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba news from local press

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take one seat out of the 70 seat CRJ and give them to Mesaba, one for one for the A.V. Roe. Then take the remaining planes and give them to Big Sky. What's the big deal?

I can picture Steenland at his desk looking at this thread on his computer, salivating, saying to himself; "it's working!, it's working! The whipsawing is working!"

Actually if you look at what UAL pilots are now getting paid for their 747/777 Captains, one would think they are selling the industry short. SWA pays more to a 737 Captain than most majors pay their 777 Captains now, how does that work. I think regional pilots are hardly selling themselves short based on this.

Shocker said:
Actually if you look at what UAL pilots are now getting paid for their 747/777 Captains, one would think they are selling the industry short. SWA pays more to a 737 Captain than most majors pay their 777 Captains now, how does that work. I think regional pilots are hardly selling themselves short based on this.

Last I checked SWA wasn't Bankrupt. UAL and NWA are.

Perhaps KaptainKarl is referring to LOA 15 of our previous contract where the senior pilot(s) did cut FO pay for growth. Perhaps he thinks that if a payrate for all aircraft is good enough for FO's, maybe their should be a blended rate for captains too.

Perhaps KaptainKarl is referring to LOA 15 of our previous contract where the senior pilot(s) did cut FO pay for growth. Perhaps he thinks that if a payrate for all aircraft is good enough for FO's, maybe their should be a blended rate for captains too.
KaptainKarl was at home watching Scooby Doo when LOA 15 was signed. I don't feel sorry for the FOs, we all pay are dues at one time or another. XJ got a lot of growth as a result of LOA 15. The FOs on the property when LOA 15 was signed are all captains in the jet now.

screwed_again said:
KaptainKarl was at home watching Scooby Doo when LOA 15 was signed. I don't feel sorry for the FOs, we all pay are dues at one time or another. XJ got a lot of growth as a result of LOA 15. The FOs on the property when LOA 15 was signed are all captains in the jet now.

I was around then and the way everyone puts it, it's just a "nice way" of saying we're helping our company grow, when in reality it's screwing one group so another group can benefit. Pretty much falling into mothership NWA's union busting plan.

We all have to pay our dues by why pay more? It's like kicking someone in the back of head when they're already down instead of trying to help em get up. Forcing one group to freezes or cuts, then politely saying "Oh you'll be a captain soon" is such a yes-man excuse. The exact same crap came up in January 04 when we all had to vote on the new contract. Same statements to the 3-4 year FOs: "Oh just you wait, as soon as we sign this new contract we'll be getting jets up the arse in a few months and it will be like old times"- every GD senior captain spewed this crap to the senior FOs..... and how along was it from the signing to the CRJ announcement? 1 year and 3 months! And the upgrade party didn't even last that long with all the NWA bankruptcy crap going on.

I'm not defending any side here, just trying to put some sense to all this "help the company" jibberish. All you're helping is Foley and his good ol boys make his wallet and pension bigger. Certainly not ours.

They are heading to the Saab in a couple of months....some to the right seat.

Six years will get you a reserve Saab captain slot....for now.

Last edited:
Works for UPS.

" KaptainKarl was at home watching Scooby Doo when LOA 15 was signed. I don't feel sorry for the FOs, we all pay are dues at one time or another. XJ got a lot of growth as a result of LOA 15. The FOs on the property when LOA 15 was signed are all captains in the jet now. "

Not true. Not even close. How long were u an fo? I'll bet 1.5 years. Six year fos have every right to be bitter. Give them the chance to fly the avro for current rates with 85 seats and they will gladly step over you. Go ahead and give them the "we built this place" cr@p. I 'll bet their 6 years in your right seat was alot tougher than your 7 years over on that side barking at them. What an arogant prick.

The growth you speak of may be gone soon and the FOs of which you speak will still be in the right seat. Bet they are proud of the growth they provided you. As for the contract, guess a bird in the hand...$
Some of them were right!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back