• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Interview Calls anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing in stone yet regarding the CRJ. The first vacancy is apparently coming out in June, with training to start in July, for the Sept delivery and the first Oct revenue flight We should know this month what role the plane will play in the NWA system. I think it's too early to tell who will make up the initial CRJ classes. Once more info is known, we'll have a better picture.

FO

Some of the crews will be new hires. You might see a couple of the FO's moving seats but I doubt that you will see all 5 FO slots filled by current Mesaba FO's, especially since the upgrade is starting to move again. I've heard the class will be 5 Captains, 5 FO's, and 4 check airmen. Classes will start in July and classes will have staggered start dates. I've heard that Saab classes will run two a month starting in June and the Avro stays at one.

flap operator said:
I walked a resume in about 3 weeks ago and my buddy still hasn't heard. Interesting how they plead to us for recommendations and then call random people off the street first.

Good luck to everyone getting on at XJ... welcome aboard.

FO

I'm baffled too because I've walked in a few resumes multiple times to CPs AND even directly to HR. They scan over it, make some marks on the resume, and give me the thumbs up. And still no calls after a month! Yet people are randomly faxing in their resume and get called 2 days later! (And no disrespect to those people, all the power to you). My guys are well qualified but not a peep. Oh well, see ya'll online!

question

Ok I am going to be the first one to ask (sorry if I missed it). How is QOL in Mesaba? How is the Commute to work (from the NYC area)? And is it cheap to live in MSP,MEM,DTW? Thanks for any responds. And I do feel lucky I get a chance to interview with your company. Hope to see you in the line.

Mosquito.

well I can't speak of MEM or MSP but DTW is MUCH cheaper than the New York area. It depends on which suburb you want to live in you can get anything from 500ish/month for a 2 bedroom apt up to around 1200/month. Most places I have looked into around and just northwest of DTW are going around 900/month. Just depends on how new the place is, what town it's in, and how safe it is. Generally southwest is cheaper, north and northwest gets pretty pricey. If you are buying a house, stay away from cities that charge city income taxes (City of Detroit is one) From what I have noticed in Michigan the cities that do that are usually much less desirable to live in for many reasons. Oh yea and the Mayor of Detroit wants to impliment a 2% "fast food tax" in the city. Luckily DTW is actually in Romulus not Detroit.

WMUSIGPI said:
well I can't speak of MEM or MSP but DTW is MUCH cheaper than the New York area. It depends on which suburb you want to live in you can get anything from 500ish/month for a 2 bedroom apt up to around 1200/month. Most places I have looked into around and just northwest of DTW are going around 900/month. Just depends on how new the place is, what town it's in, and how safe it is. Generally southwest is cheaper, north and northwest gets pretty pricey. If you are buying a house, stay away from cities that charge city income taxes (City of Detroit is one) From what I have noticed in Michigan the cities that do that are usually much less desirable to live in for many reasons. Oh yea and the Mayor of Detroit wants to impliment a 2% "fast food tax" in the city. Luckily DTW is actually in Romulus not Detroit.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I just saw the 2% fast food tax on tv. Well I shouldn't get ahead of myself I just got an interview not a job. But thanks for the info.

Mosquito said:
Ok I am going to be the first one to ask (sorry if I missed it). How is QOL in Mesaba? How is the Commute to work (from the NYC area)? And is it cheap to live in MSP,MEM,DTW? Thanks for any responds. And I do feel lucky I get a chance to interview with your company. Hope to see you in the line.

Mosquito.

We have a definitive commuter clause in our company manual. allow at least 2 flights (NWA, Mesaba or Pinacle) to get to work, at least 1 hour before show time. Many folks in DTW and MEM use it.

To get an idea on your commute, Go to nwa.com and check out the current timetables for flights to and from the NYC area. Some as people manage to commute in the same day as their show and commute out after the trip, thus avoiding a crashpad. But many folks have to commute in the night before their trip starts. I think JFK to DTW is not that good as a commute as LGA to DTW. LGA has more flights.

QOL is good, better overall than most regionals. check out some quick facts at http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/75/18/

I heard from a very good source that the first class will be July 18th. It will consist of 10 captains and 8 First Officers.

Is it possible to get a call at under 1000tt??

Latest resources

Back