Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Irish Pilot

What An Industry
Word on the street is that Mesaba has ceased interviews until the CRJ stuff is fully organized and figured out. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Im still considering throwing my stuff in in hopes of getting hired and better yet landing a CRJ-MSP slot.

Thanks

one other quick question...what kind of training contract does Mesaba have?

Irish Pilot said:
Word on the street is that Mesaba has ceased interviews until the CRJ stuff is fully organized and figured out. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Im still considering throwing my stuff in in hopes of getting hired and better yet landing a CRJ-MSP slot.

Thanks

Not true. Mesaba always interviews in spurts but we have not "ceased interviews" at all.

Not sure what you mean by "until the CRJ stuff is fully organized and figured out." The check airmen are getting sim training in Montreal right now and the first group of new hire fo's are about to start systems.

Send your stuff in if you want. Interviewing and hiring will continue for some time. One Saab and Avro class a month and two CRJ classes a month through the end of the year for sure.

Towelie said:
Not true. Mesaba always interviews in spurts but we have not "ceased interviews" at all.

Not sure what you mean by "until the CRJ stuff is fully organized and figured out." The check airmen are getting sim training in Montreal right now and the first group of new hire fo's are about to start systems.

Send your stuff in if you want. Interviewing and hiring will continue for some time. One Saab and Avro class a month and two CRJ classes a month through the end of the year for sure.

sweet. :)

Walked a res in the other day for a friend.....The Chief said he would give them a call in a couple of weeks....like dude said they go in spurts

Positive Rate said:
Walked a res in the other day for a friend.....The Chief said he would give them a call in a couple of weeks....like dude said they go in spurts

spurts I can live with. :)

Can anyone tell me how strict Mesaba is about the 75 hrs in 90 days thing. Will this make or break an applicant?

convair007 said:
Can anyone tell me how strict Mesaba is about the 75 hrs in 90 days thing. Will this make or break an applicant?

Good question. Someone posted on the "Mesaba Sucks" :rolleyes: thread that he hadn't flown in 6 months. Maybe you could PM him.

I do know we are short FOs in DTW on the SAAB. We're getting fat on Captains, waiting for the flood to the CRJ, I would guess.

Good luck getting hired! And your first tip for flying the line: When you call for clearance, don't tell them we are IFR to yada yada. They KNOW!

Hey Irish Pilot,

Maybe it is me and I apologize if it is, but your posts have rubbed me the wrong way. You sound a little too arrogant.....If it is me then once again I appologize if not then go apply somewhere else. I really hate flying with arrogant FO's

Simon Says said:
Hey Irish Pilot,

Maybe it is me and I apologize if it is, but your posts have rubbed me the wrong way. You sound a little too arrogant.....If it is me then once again I appologize if not then go apply somewhere else. I really hate flying with arrogant FO's

:confused: How do they sound arrogant? Most of my posts have been in the form of questions. Guess I am a little confused myself on this one. Sorry if I came off that way. :(

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back