Mesaba Hiring Pilots with Less than 600 and 50 with Chief Pilots Approval

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Eagle??? Horizon???

Comair. I was awarded an upgrade in March, but it was canceled when we closed two of our bases. I barely missed the last bid, which was half the size of the previous bid) and I should get the next one, whenever that comes out...

Andrew_Vt - At most regionals, a first-year pilot might get paid $23,000, (probably less). Netjets pays about double that, and doesn't have a problem attracting pilots with a minimum of an ATP. We seem to be getting mostly guys with less than 1,000 TT. So, if you double the first-year pay at the regionals, perhaps you could expect to get more qualified pilots.

Of course it won't happen, because we won't let management double new-hire pay unless they increase our pay just as much...

I'm sure any ALPA MEC would be happy to enter into talks with any management group, and come up with a TA that increased pay for ALL pilots. If management wishes to pay more to the new hires, a TA that benefits all pilots is the only way for that to happen.

WANTED: Staff Attorney, Constitutional Law.
QUALIFICATIONS:The minimum preferred qualifications are Jusis Doctorate, Concentration in Constitutional Law, Admission to State and Federal Bar, Local Bar; Member in Good Standing. Applicants having below the preferred qualifications are accepted with the approval of the Senior Partners. Each case is reviewed on an individual basis.· six months of claims adjusting experience. High School Diploma (College preferred)· Ability to argue with a stop sign. Must have never, ever admitted that you were wrong. Watched "L.A. Law" and thought Corbin Bernsen was totally awsome! Vision Correctable to 20/20 or the ability to make an argument that the vision requirement is in violation of the Americans with Disability Act, thus entitling you to compensatory damages, punitive damages, injunctive relief, reasonable attorneys fees and costs, as well as other relief as the courts may deem reasonable.

I love it, that's gotta be one of the funniest things posted around here in some time!

Two years ago, who would of thought the day would come.

Holy crap! I never thought I'd see that day. I remember jumpseating home on Mesaba and regularly talking to 8-year Saab FOs.

That's what happens when 350+ pilots resign in about a year and a half due to a sham bankruptcy. But hey, I guess management is happy, they got their pilot costs down!

Coming soon to a smoking hole near you........

How low can you go?

Piedmont's new published minimums: 250 Total and 25 Multi!!!!! How long before they certify the RJ single pilot and put student pilots in the right seat?

Two years ago, who would of thought the day would come.

No fing kidding. I cashed in my 6+ years back in '05 because I refused to go back to FO for one more leg for the Einsteins in Eagan. Now I am looking at another 5+ year upgrade. I can really pick em.:p

Glad to see that some of my old Mesaba friends will actually be able to make a somewhat decent living at XJ now.

Glad to see that some of my old Mesaba friends will actually be able to make a somewhat decent living at XJ now.

I wouldn't say making $78 an hour with an airline after 10 years is exactly decent! That $78 will seem like $30 bucks after you adjust for inflation.

True enough, but I did say somewhat decent. I had the more junior FO's that would be upgrading in mind. I was just looking at the 8 year CRJ9 rates and am thankful I moved on. From a business standpoint, staying at XJ was a loser.

Latest resources

Back