Mesaba going to LAX; SLC Base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ridgeback

Looking at Deltanet today and it looks as if Mesaba is going to LAX now. It's now possible to go from LGA-LAX all the way on a Mesaba CRJ900. Did some more checking around and best I can tell SLC is going to be FULL of Mesaba CRJ's for the month of January, a buddy mentioned 14, not sure if that means lines of flying or a/c.

Is Mesaba getting a SLC Pilot base?

Looking at Deltanet today and it looks as if Mesaba is going to LAX now. It's now possible to go from LGA-LAX all the way on a Mesaba CRJ900. Did some more checking around and best I can tell SLC is going to be FULL of Mesaba CRJ's for the month of January, a buddy mentioned 14, not sure if that means lines of flying or a/c.

Not quite ridgeback... Check about 3 weeks later. Flying drops back off. There will be a spare parked in slc for that time frame though, per SJ.

we would all like to see more west coast flying for you guys to alleviate some of the sting from losing the Saabs and possibly get some furloughs back....

You could not do LGA-LAX due to the rules of the Perimeter.... Pretty much a reason USairways is wanting to get out. The Port Authority is not lifting that anytime soon.

I think what he meant was that with a few stops in the hubs, one could go coast to coast on an XJ 900. This was the case this summer when we flew to Halifax as well as the west coast.

BTW - as far as I noticed... the LAX stuff was some LAX-AUS stuff twice in the month for the Texas game.

We haven't opened a SLC base yet, and we've been flying there since February. Unless DL can give XJ a confirmation that we'll be there long term, mgmt says they're not interested in opening any new bases.

Slc dep peak at 21 on Jan 2, 3 and the 4th and then hovers between 7-11 dep for the rest of the month.

SLC- Den, Msp, Mem, Dtw, Aus, Boi, Sfo, Dfw

Last edited:
When does Delta load there computer for February and March schedules?

Right click anywhere on this page, then select "select all" to lead you to all your answers and more.

Do you have DelNet access? From Homepage go to
Departments dropdown list, then
Network Planning and Revenue Management, then under
Fast Tracks, select
Current Schedule. Scroll to bottom of page until it says 2010 Schedule timeline. Lots of info from top to bottom. Enjoy

Interesting! check MSP of Feb-Mar.. filter the different regionals!! hmmm. and it looks like Mesaba is shrinking alittle in SLC in march also...

Latest resources

Back