• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba going to LAX; SLC Base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You could not do LGA-LAX due to the rules of the Perimeter.... Pretty much a reason USairways is wanting to get out. The Port Authority is not lifting that anytime soon.

That is incorrect. On Saturdays only you can fly LGA to LAX nonstop. I did that in a 757 a few years back when I was flying domestic.

And, it is good to see more Mesaba planes in SLC. Allowing SKW to fly all of the flights is just a bad idea. It is better to mix it up.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That is incorrect. On Saturdays only you can fly LGA to LAX nonstop. I did that in a 757 a few years back when I was flying domestic.

And, it is good to see more Mesaba planes in SLC. Allowing SKW to fly all of the flights is just a bad idea. It is better to mix it up.

Bye Bye--General Lee

and why is that? Considering SkyWest has had consistantly good performance numbers out of SLC.

Last edited:
and why is that? Considering SkyWest has had consistantly good performance numbers out of SLC.

Comair did the same thing in CVG, and then had a strike that cost Delta $1 billion. You need to mix it up and not allow one regional control of a base, in case something happens. Although I know one thing, there won't be a strike at SKW, since we all know they will give up anything for growth and more opportunities for larger planes. It is just a given....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

I have never heard of such a thing. Just looked over this past year at flights between LGA-LAX on Saturdays.. They have not occured this year. And never have to my knowledge. Thus the reason for the rules. There's not exception on Saturdays to my knowledge (from what I have read and also know).

Comair did the same thing in CVG, and then had a strike that cost Delta $1 billion. You need to mix it up and not allow one regional control of a base, in case something happens. Although I know one thing, there won't be a strike at SKW, since we all know they will give up anything for growth and more opportunities for larger planes. It is just a given....

Bye Bye--General Lee

I thought that SkyWest got the bigger aircraft because YOU voted to allow it. Pot meet Kettle.

Back to original question. Mesaba will never have a base in SLC. All of the regionals are being spread out. Comair is doing a lot of flying out of MSP and DTW. Don't read too much into this flying.

Back to original question. Mesaba will never have a base in SLC. All of the regionals are being spread out. Comair is doing a lot of flying out of MSP and DTW. Don't read too much into this flying.

Yes, even Pinnacle will be doing routes out of ATL in the 200 starting in FEB so dont read into it.

Latest resources

Back