Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Terry Hunter

Silence!
A bit of background: Mesaba is currently acquiring 15 CRJ-200's, and will have a total of 17 by July 2008. (Mesaba is also acquiring 36 CRJ-900's, and will have them all by the end of this year.)

The 17 CRJ-200's are all based in MSP.

Now, please read the following letter from mgmt posted yesterday on the company website, and comment.

--------------------------------
March 10, 2008

Good afternoon,
Today, it is with great pleasure I announce the addition of a new Mesaba Airlines maintenance line station. This summer we will begin performing overnight aircraft maintenance at the Quad City International Airport in Moline, Illinois. This new operation will be beneficial to Mesaba as we will add new jobs in Moline and strengthen our maintenance network.

This new station is important to Mesaba as our growing regional fleet requires additional maintenance options. Currently, Mesaba operates six dedicated maintenance locations at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, Detroit Metro Airport, Memphis International Airport, Central Wisconsin Airport, Rhinelander Regional Airport and the Des Moines International Airport. We plan to initiate operations in Moline on June 5 of this year, where we will service primarily CRJ-200 aircraft.

Two major factors in choosing the Quad Cities-area are Northwest Airlines commitment to placing the appropriate overnight aircraft at the Moline airport in future flight schedules, and the close proximity to all three of our hubs.

All Mesaba maintenance personnel who are interested in working at this new location are encouraged to apply. We plan to post these job opportunities on MyMesaba.com in the near future.
Along with our new hangar in Des Moines, today’s announcement builds on our strong commitment to the safety and quality of our flights, putting us in excellent position to address the future needs of our expanding fleet.

Thank you for all you have done in helping Mesaba continue to grow.

Who's flying are they getting? NWA? Compass? Mesaba SAAB flying? Why run a CRJ on a route that is better served by a TP? Especially with fuel as expensive as it is?

Ahhhh, Ima say XJ is getting the same amount of planes as before. XJ is growing, so they need more MX.

Is MLI a Pinnacle station still?

no hanger in MSP to do the work, -200's don't currently fly out of DTW, CWA has a few SAABs every night plus heavy SAAB mx, Demoines isn't up and running, RHI, haven't been there in a long while...do they take the RJ there? Mostly glad that the work will be done by XJ mx. I flew a SAAB today that had a work package completed in BMI ... hopefully this doesn't become the norm.

RHI, haven't been there in a long while...do they take the RJ there? .

Pinnacle did MSP - RHI last month, since I did an out an back there last month. Not sure if it's still going on. It was also strange that I did MSP - IAD last month. I thought that was long gone since Compass took that over

Last edited:
I've only seen Saabs in RHI lately. I think Pinnacle was doing one flight a day in there during the summer time. The way I read the story, I don't think Mesaba is getting any more -200s than the 17.

no hanger in MSP to do the work, -200's don't currently fly out of DTW, CWA has a few SAABs every night plus heavy SAAB mx, Demoines isn't up and running, RHI, haven't been there in a long while...do they take the RJ there? Mostly glad that the work will be done by XJ mx. I flew a SAAB today that had a work package completed in BMI ... hopefully this doesn't become the norm.

one of the mechanics I know at XJ said that the overnight maintenance is going to continue for quite awhile in BMI, TOL, and possibly some other cities. He doesn't know why though, so I'm not sure what to tell you as to that part.

A bit of background: Mesaba is currently acquiring 15 CRJ-200's, and will have a total of 17 by July 2008. (Mesaba is also acquiring 36 CRJ-900's, and will have them all by the end of this year.)

The 17 CRJ-200's are all based in MSP.

Now, please read the following letter from mgmt posted yesterday on the company website, and comment.

Terry, I don't know how to say this in a PC manner, but our leader couldn't lead his way in a bank line with ropes on either side. Don't read too much into his innuendos.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back