• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba getting more CRJ-200's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With the current fuel crises its will be hard for any planes to make money but the 50 seat crj's are a dead end. In the next decade they will be gone. We will give them back to 9e after they get their new contract. They will be replaced with the remaining 18 crj 900's that NWA has as options. All that will be needed for the 200 pilots is differences trn.

Congratulations! Maybe if you take another pay cut, you can get some more flying.

Oh I thought they agreed to the CRJ rate because they didn't fly the CRJ and it was industry leading SAAB pay?!............Oh, is that a CRJ you're flying now?

Oh I thought they agreed to the CRJ rate because they didn't fly the CRJ and it was industry leading SAAB pay?!

That's funny, I remember the 9E pilots on the crew bus saying the same thing back in 1999 when the contract was signed.

Actually it was agreed to because it was a lot better than the 19.4% paycut that they were going to impose on us with the backing of the bankruptcy court. Looking at the payscales on APC it seems our 200 pay matches 9E's pretty much across the board with way better workrules (which equivilates to money). Not saying we are a leading pay CRJ employer by any means (we are not). But given the situation we were put in, I think we came out alright. Also, if the snapbacks hold, we will be moving back towards our pre-concessionary contract by years end.

That's funny, I remember the 9E pilots on the crew bus saying the same thing back in 1999 when the contract was signed.

Actually it was agreed to because it was a lot better than the 19.4% paycut that they were going to impose on us with the backing of the bankruptcy court. Looking at the payscales on APC it seems our 200 pay matches 9E's pretty much across the board with way better workrules (which equivilates to money). Not saying we are a leading pay CRJ employer by any means (we are not). But given the situation we were put in, I think we came out alright. Also, if the snapbacks hold, we will be moving back towards our pre-concessionary contract by years end.

Don't worry murf.. those smart pilots over at 9e will do way better than us in their contract, since they are tougher and better. I'm betting they will crush our contract by at least 1-3 percent even though they are not being told what they can and can't do by a bankruptcy judge. I can't wait to here when they can't because of us.... because of our bad pay rates were used against them.

This rinse and repeat never ends....does it?

To the young guys 9e only, save yourself the pain of blame and look back a decade or two and you will be able to find a spot on prediction of your contracts outcome.

Please.....can we just avoid this junk! The juvenile sparring between the two groups is destructive for everyone. We are both being screwed by the same folks and some of you guys just can't help yourselves.

And I cannot believe that after all the crap that both these groups have gone through since 1997 that there is anyone who is gloating at the other like a bunch of kids on the playground.

Some of these messages ought to be cut and pasted and sent to d-bags like Trenary. He loves to see this stuff.

Better find a way to work together and tolerate one another or we will simply get another decade of disasters.

What happened to the Woerth/McClain/Wychor brand scope?

Sidetracked due to the RJDC lawsiut... but hey... they got that overwith....

What was more important?

In 2002, while attending the small carrier bargaining conference, I asked Tom Wychor about the 1995 Scope Committee report......He responded "I haven't read it".....As the then BSIC Committee Chairman don't ya think he should have read all of the scope committee reports that had already been filed.....

The RJDC lawsuit is finished.....what's the new excuse for not having brand scope? The fact is the mainline groups will never spend the capital it would take to get brand scope.....You and I both know that.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back