• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba getting more CRJ-200's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why were you asking him about a 7 year old report?
Because Joey is stuck in the past. He can't look forward for real solution. All he can do is b!tch and moan about things that happened years or even decades ago.

The fact is the mainline groups will never spend the capital it would take to get brand scope.....You and I both know that.....
The fact is that mainline pilots shouldn't have to give up everything to help you get a shot at the majors. As Occam has told you numerous times, sacrifice would have to come from both sides. If the mainline pilots are going to spend negotiating capital on you, then you need to give up something for them in return. They aren't going to make countless sacrifices to help you out while you piss in their general direction.

Why were you asking him about a 7 year old report?

It goes to the credibility of ALPA and the history of how we got to this point.....

Wychor was appointed chairman of the BSIC and ALPA/Woerth tried to convince the sceptics that ALPA really was serious this time about scope reform....

I would think the chairman of this committee would at least read the prior reports put out by ALPA on the issue....Only makes sense unless you really aren't planning on accomplishing anything and are only using the committee as window dressing.....

Because Joey is stuck in the past. He can't look forward for real solution. All he can do is b!tch and moan about things that happened years or even decades ago.

"Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it."

The fact is that mainline pilots shouldn't have to give up everything to help you get a shot at the majors. As Occam has told you numerous times, sacrifice would have to come from both sides. If the mainline pilots are going to spend negotiating capital on you, then you need to give up something for them in return. They aren't going to make countless sacrifices to help you out while you piss in their general direction.

....I don't want "a shot at the majors"....I'm one of those regional lifers who is happy to be at the top of the list at a good company.....

....You cheerleaders can't even identify the problem....The problem is scope, not a "shot at the majors"....The current system drags everyone down as we compete with each other....In fact I would argue that the mainline lists and contracts have taken a bigger hit than those of us in the regional whipsaw.....

Downward pressure hurts everyone.....That is what this is about....The mainlines have to do the heavy lifting for two reasons.....

1. The union representing us says that this "brand scope" belongs to the mainline group....Under that logic only they can negotiate "brand scope"....How do you propose that ASA pilots negotiate Delta brand scope?

2. The mainlines have the leverage.....ASA or CMR can be replaced if they push too hard....as is being seen with CMR....

In 2002, while attending the small carrier bargaining conference, I asked Tom Wychor about the 1995 Scope Committee report......He responded "I haven't read it".....As the then BSIC Committee Chairman don't ya think he should have read all of the scope committee reports that had already been filed.....

The RJDC lawsuit is finished.....what's the new excuse for not having brand scope? The fact is the mainline groups will never spend the capital it would take to get brand scope.....You and I both know that.....

Soooooooooo.......what did this report say about regional jets?

In 2002, while attending the small carrier bargaining conference, I asked Tom Wychor about the 1995 Scope Committee report......He responded "I haven't read it".....As the then BSIC Committee Chairman don't ya think he should have read all of the scope committee reports that had already been filed...

Wychor probably told you that he hadn't read it so you wouldn't hump his leg.

Go ahead, take more of our CRJs. We can't staff them anyway. Maybe then I'll have a month where I don't get extended..........................

Latest resources

Back