Mesaba FAs brawl!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

screwed_again

Any MEM based mesaba pilot will appreciate this. An OKC bound flight today returned to the gate at MEM because the flight attendants got into a brawl during the taxi out. One of the FAs was Martha!!!!!! What a bit*h, I hope she gets fired. A passenger, according to the news, called Channel 3 News in MEM and it was their TOP story tonight at 10 O'clock. How embarrassing. She should have been fired a long time ago. Another class act on the regional level. At least MEM doesn't have FAs collecting cans anymore.

I'm actually surprised it took this long before Mesaba got some press in MEM about some of our crappy FAs. Don't get me wrong, there are some great ones, but the one in this controversy sucks.

http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=4092614

Trouble on Board

MEMPHIS - Memphis International Airport is a busy place in the afternoon. They call it the afternoon push. Planes came and went Tuesday like normal, except for Northwest Flight 3668. It was stuck because of two flight attendants who couldn't get along. "I think maybe there was some issue we didn't know about. Maybe they got into an argument yesterday, or this morning. I don't know," says passenger Steve Avent.

The flight, operated by Mesaba Airlines, was supposed to take off at 2:20 PM from Memphis. It didn't leave until more than two hours later. "To this point we still haven't received an apology," says passenger Lance Brown. "It wasn't until several people went up to the gate we found out the reason for what happened."

Passengers say the reason for what happened was a fight in first class. They say the fight was between two flight attendants over where to put a bag. "I think they were kind of confused about who was the lead flight attendant," says Brown.

A spokesperson for Mesaba Airlines says the flight attendants got into a dispute, and the pilot made the "correct and appropriate decision" to bring the plane back to the gate to switch out the crew. The spokesperson says the main interest of the airline is the safety of passengers. The airline is still looking into the dispute.

Many airline passengers we spoke with Tuesday afternoon said they're disappointed they'd have to worry about something like this in a time of heightened security. "Out of all that, we got a coupon for 35 dollars," says Lance Brown. He hopes to use his coupon on a flight that will come with a little less drama next time.

Good stuff.

Way to impress the passengers. All I can do is shake my head and laugh. What else can we do at this point? This industry is a comedy.

Too bad they weren't the Jacksonville Chearleaders busted for making out in public... a man can dream right??

Mookie

WTF is with this quote, "out of all that, we got a coupon for 35 dollars". This is what really pisses me off about not just airline passengers these days but our society in general.

Everytime someone feels wronged or inconvienced, they want something for it to make them feel better. We can all thank the scum sucking litigation laywers and their "we'll get you money" attitudes for this.

Waaahh, you're FA's got into a fight in the plane. I would have paid money to see this, not demand to be paid. But hey that's just me.

My message to the rest of our society: People Sh!t happens, get over it and move on, and no you don't get a 35 dollar coupon for the inconvience.

MJG said:
WTF is with this quote, "out of all that, we got a coupon for 35 dollars". This is what really pisses me off about not just airline passengers these days but our society in general.

Everytime someone feels wronged or inconvienced, they want something for it to make them feel better. We can all thank the scum sucking litigation laywers and their "we'll get you money" attitudes for this.

Waaahh, you're FA's got into a fight in the plane. I would have paid money to see this, not demand to be paid. But hey that's just me.

My message to the rest of our society: People Sh!t happens, get over it and move on, and no you don't get a 35 dollar coupon for the inconvience.

In general, I agree. But come on, they were cat fighting at work and people missed meetings, rides, connections, etc! This wasn't an act of Mother Nature, it was two FAs fighting over something stupid! Lets be professional or get fired.

Mookie said:
Too bad they weren't the Jacksonville Chearleaders busted for making out in public... a man can dream right??

Mookie

I think you are referring to the Panther's cheerleaders who were caught having sex in a bathroom this past weekend in Tampa...not a bad dream either.

Latest resources

Back