Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba cut in half! official from company.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YourPilotFriend said:

Dude, you're unbelievable. Okay, December 20th has come, and gone quite a while ago... Surprise, surprise, we still have Avro's flyin' around. In fact, the spokesman for NW has said on record that NW will continue to provide service (ala Mesaba) to ASE through then end of this year's ski season. That takes us to around the March or April time frame.

So until you can add beneficial information to a conversation, just read and don't type.

F/O said:
If the Avros are gone, what will they use in Aspen?

That is a good question.

They did commit the Avros to Aspen until March. Sadly, I trust what NWA tells the Assistant Tourism Aid in Apsen more than what Spanjebob Jinglepants tells us.

The ONLY furloughs that are for certain are the January 9th voluntary furlough award of 34 F/O's that have recieved the letter in the mail. ( I have only talked to 2 of the guys but I'll assume the rest got them ). That would make a total of 55 furloughs, ALL voluntary. Until you talk to more people that have the letter in hand I wouldn't assume anything.

Workin'Stiff said:
Dude, you're unbelievable. Okay, December 20th has come, and gone quite a while ago... Surprise, surprise, we still have Avro's flyin' around. In fact, the spokesman for NW has said on record that NW will continue to provide service (ala Mesaba) to ASE through then end of this year's ski season. That takes us to around the March or April time frame.

So until you can add beneficial information to a conversation, just read and don't type.

Rossa asked me for the information to clarify. There is no way they are going to just a fleet of 49 a/c. Do you have any idea how much money would be wasted if they did that? They will keep, all but those 11 saabs in service until they start replacing the fleet. (76 seat cjrs or 100 seat erjs) Remember, the avro is a viable plane with 85 seats.

YourPilotFriend said:
Rossa asked me for the information to clarify. There is no way they are going to just a fleet of 49 a/c. Do you have any idea how much money would be wasted if they did that? They will keep, all but those 11 saabs in service until they start replacing the fleet. (76 seat cjrs or 100 seat erjs) Remember, the avro is a viable plane with 85 seats.

ANY plane is viable if the leases are low enough and you charge enough for a bloody ticket!
ALPA is calling XJ mngt's bluff on the financials - this doesn't mean FEB 15th furloughs won't happen. Infact, they most likely will, but NWA needs this thing turned around by spring/summer, if XJ pilots are still getting the shaft by then...............we may be in for a summer of LOVE!!!

Some of you actually believe what the big wigs are telling you? Haven't you learned your lesson by now. Mesaba is doing fine. NWA is just doing its classic smoke and mirrors to get us to take pay cuts and steal flying from the mainline. I have only two words for them... F*CK OFF!!

bomberbubba said:
From December 28 issue of company Newslaunch....

-Mesaba's final fleet will consist of 49 Saab B+ aircraft

They've been saying that for a while now, no?

They've been saying that for months now, not really new news here. Just remember that the Avros were gone two years ago also. Funny thing is I still see them at he gates. I'll take my chances on this one.

Latest resources

Back