Mesaba Crj

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FLYINOKRA!

I was wondering if anyone has started class in the CRJ. I was hoping to get a few tips before starting class on the 12th. I am also looking for a crash pad in MSP.

I drooled over my buddy's green CRJ manual over the weekend. I'm surprised to see that our company has 41,000 as the maximum operating altitude.

Anyway, the first CRJ class(regular line pilots) started yesterday or today. Well, the captains did, I believe the newhires showed up last week.

I'm surprised to see that our company has 41,000 as the maximum operating altitude.

It's probably in there because it's not an unsafe altitude for the aircraft provided certain performance criteria are met.

You must be one of the new hires going to the XJ CRJ; congratulations and welcome. I don't believe there will be many tips to be found regarding training because you are on the leading edge of the training profile. Do well - and remember to store up tips for those who will follow your lead.

Thanks

I'm pretty pumped, but a little nervous at the same time. This is all new to me I'm used to flying my little Baron part 91 for some well-to-do upperclass people. I had opportunities to go to other airlines, but Mesaba was were I fit in the most. From what I've been told since I'm one of the first FO's in the CRJ, my sen. will be high and that will help me to get a better schedule. I'm from MEM but will be based in MSP. I also heard we will be in Canada for the latter half of our training. What is the pass rate for the new hires?

I am in training right now for the CRJ, in memphis actually. All I can say is just relax and forget everything you learned about flying, because now it changes. As far as the pass rate goes, I don't know how Mesaba's is but it shouldnt matter, because if you study, you will pass. Just out of curiosity, did you apply to 9E, you would have been able to get Mem in a couple months.

FLYINOKRA! said:
What is the pass rate for the new hires?

The pass rate for CRJ new hires is 0%.

None of them have made it through training yet. But they only started two weeks ago.

chperplt said:
It's probably in there because it's not an unsafe altitude for the aircraft provided certain performance criteria are met.

I'm surprised because our training department is such a knee jerk reaction operation. With all respect to Pinnacle 3701, it's surprising to see 410 as the max operating ceiling for Mesaba. I'd thought we'd be more conservative off the bat. That's all.

Latest resources

Back