• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLYINOKRA! said:
How about a few do's and don'ts as a new FO. I don't wanna be "that guy."

ok

Do study with the group even if one of the guys is a complete idiot, he'll wash himself out.

Don't get the tall hat! Oh and the uni lady will try to hike your pants up to your armpits, beware of the inseam!

Lastly, DON'T think that just b/c you are in the jet that you were "selected" because you are better then the others that fly the Saab. Remember those guys b/c when you upgrade they'll be the ones you look to when your sim instructor doesn't know what the F&*K he's talking about.

FLYINOKRA! said:
I know about 20 pilots at 9e,
and they all told me I'm better off at Mesaba.

How would PCL pilots know where you are better off? I only know one guy who has worked at both XJ and 9E (in modern times) and I guarantee you he doesn't regret coming to PCL.

Flyinokra...You've probably made a good decision as MEM is the junior base at XJ and senior base at PCL. Even with everything else being equal that is a huge advantage. You obviously can tolerate living in that dump called Memphis so you should be pretty well set up once you can bid that domicile. If NW does not deploy Mesaba in the CRJ in MEM though you will be saddled with a difficult commute (MEM-MSP) until you can upgrade in the Saab.

1.3XVso said:
Don't forget to wear your hat.. chest up high ,... head straight and don't say hello to other fellow pilots down the terminal. Mesaba tend to be like that.

I'd rather be the guy described above, than the...
-"Backpack wearing fool"...
-The "G-Thug Homey/stocking hat down over your eyebrows/walking with a 'pimp limp'" nit-whit. (Oh yes, it's true...winter is returning soon, keep an eye out for these guys!)...EOE
-"Sunglasses in the terminal" dink...
-Oh, and the newest one...Don't be the "Stick Shaker going off at 80 feet above the runway on landing while a Mesaba crewmember was riding jumseat, pooping his pants" guy. (Yes, that happened too.)

They are everywhere!

1.3XVso said:
Don't forget to wear your hat.. chest up high ,... head straight and don't say hello to other fellow pilots down the terminal. Mesaba tend to be like that.

Hats?????

I know you aren't talking about Mesaba because nobody wears their hat. I don't even know where mine is.

You mean Pinnacle.

Stop being a jack@#s

Rook said:
Don't bring yourself down to his level my man.

Rook

Naw, I wouldn't generalize an entire airline because of a few people like that tool did. I was just saying that some 9E and XJ guys need to lighten up and say "Hi" every now and then. That's all. Smile folks :)

ps - when you say 'Hi' to me, you kinda have to yell because I fly the Saab ;)

Know your memory items, limitations, and PROFILES before you get into the sim. Start studying the profiles and looking through the QRH while you are doing systems class, so you aren't cramming 2 days before your first sim.

Hey Guys;

What's up with 41,000. The only airlines that don't go to a manufacturers recommended altitude are tools. When you go to the shed to get a tool and you find a dull one that is what you find when you are limited by ability rather than flying sense and skill.

Latest resources

Back