Mesaba Crj

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLYINOKRA! said:
From what I've been told since I'm one of the first FO's in the CRJ, my sen. will be high and that will help me to get a better schedule.

You do understand that being one of the first FO's on the CRJ won't make any difference if and when people senior to you at the company move over to it, right?

As said there are no tips. I am in the FO class right now that started last week. There is 4 of us for the crj, and the class before us there was 8. So for those math guys that brings the FO total to 12 so far. Great place to be and great people. I was at another airline before here and was happy, but mesaba was always the first choice. I am very thankful to have a chance here. Good luck and just study.

shamrock said:
You do understand that being one of the first FO's on the CRJ won't make any difference if and when people senior to you at the company move over to it, right?

Actually FLYINOKRA, with Mesaba's 3 year seatlock on FOs, you won't see any current FOs move over to the CRJ. Unless they have no desire to upgrade after 3 years (because if they move over to the CRJ FO they will be seatlocked for another 2 years), as a new CRJ FO in MSP you'll be on the top of the list and eventually get good schedules (good and schedule do not necessarily go together at Mesaba).

But do u get my drift? You'll have seniority over future CRJ FOs for bidding purposes. We get 15 airframes which equals to about 60ish FOs? You're in the second class? you'll be sitting pretty good seniority wise and assuming we get the next 20, then you'll be sitting even better.

T-handle said:
Actually FLYINOKRA, with Mesaba's 3 year seatlock on FOs, you won't see any current FOs move over to the CRJ. Unless they have no desire to upgrade after 3 years (because if they move over to the CRJ FO they will be seatlocked for another 2 years), as a new CRJ FO in MSP you'll be on the top of the list and eventually get good schedules (good and schedule do not necessarily go together at Mesaba).

But do u get my drift? You'll have seniority over future CRJ FOs for bidding purposes. We get 15 airframes which equals to about 60ish FOs? You're in the second class? you'll be sitting pretty good seniority wise and assuming we get the next 20, then you'll be sitting even better.

OK, I stand corrected about the seniority issue at Mesaba. Didn't know about the seatlocks, and 5 year upgrades aren't uncommon where I work.

Here's your CRJ tip from a seasoned pro: ;)

1. See the light
2. Press a button
3. Get a banana!

Yes, it really is that easy. Are you relaxed now? Good!

and also...

Don't forget to wear your hat.. chest up high ,... head straight and don't say hello to other fellow pilots down the terminal. Mesaba tend to be like that.

1.3XVso said:
Don't forget to wear your hat.. chest up high ,... head straight and don't say hello to other fellow pilots down the terminal. Mesaba tend to be like that.

Yeah...I see some Pinnacle guys doing the same. So retarded. By the way, thanks for the huge generalization of our pilot group. Tool.

A Banana? not bad!

A banana huh? I apreciate all the advice. No one said anything about the crash pad thing. I also noticed in my interview class that most everyone was from up north, and said they would just move there. I noticed on my class roster that I have 3 females in my class. We never had any trouble from females at my flight school I'm assuming it'll be the same here. ANy body stay at the Towneplace suites in Eagen during training.

Latest resources

Back