Mesaba CRJ-900 F.O.'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On a similar note....

I was never typed on the AVRO (SIC or PIC), but I do remember doing a circling approach on the CA's type ride. I also remember the 1500 and 3 being a problem when GRB was doing construction a couple of years ago. So the question is, was this restriction put on the AVRO certificates? What about the CRJ guys?

At XJ, the CRJ program does not train circling approaches and we are not approved for NDB approaches.

As the industry slows down, competitive mins will go back up and this problem will fix itself. Just a matter of time.

Current policy is circling in VMC only. Current types are issued with that restriction. However, when we first got the Saabs '96 we trained and conducted circling approaches to published minimums, and types were not issued with any restrictions. So you may have a few captains out there that are not restricted by their certificate, but by our current policy. So......1500 & 3 is the current thing. I guess it's one less thing to do during PC's, but it's not that big of a deal to conduct circling approaches to published minimums when the crew is experienced. Nowdays with 2000hr captains and 250 hour FO's, it's probably good to have the 1500&3 limitations.

we once said words to each other that might have not been the nicest.....but man, you are so right.... put them in their place while making them into professionals.... we have a lot of work ahead of us for some of these.... but let me tell you, I have met a few good ones, but the D bags stand out more....sorry to say

I love you too man. But I dont spoon! LOL
Not only do D****** stand out more, they usually make it to the Majors before some of us too. Either that or they get promoted to management :cool:

Circles

When I was a new hire in 2003, the Captain's AVRO type included a circle in JFK. I don't remember the runway numbers but it was something like a LOC to 4L circle to 31L. Night/low vis.

Of course on base, if you lost the runway if you didn't descend right away. More than one person busted when they pushed it down instead of going missed.

FO's trained it but we weren't tested on it. Then circles were written out of our ops specs and now they aren't even taught.

I did it in Montreal for fun in the 200 sim. Real easy. But circles in low vis are about the most dangerous things I did when I did Single Pilot IFR cargo.

When I was a new hire in 2003, the Captain's AVRO type included a circle in JFK. I don't remember the runway numbers but it was something like a LOC to 4L circle to 31L. Night/low vis.

Of course on base, if you lost the runway if you didn't descend right away. More than one person busted when they pushed it down instead of going missed.

FO's trained it but we weren't tested on it. Then circles were written out of our ops specs and now they aren't even taught.

I did it in Montreal for fun in the 200 sim. Real easy. But circles in low vis are about the most dangerous things I did when I did Single Pilot IFR cargo.

Soooo I guess you're enjoying the 200? LOL. How are you my friend?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back