• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba CRJ-900 F.O.'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Saabs with the FMS working aren't the greatest challenge in the world you know.

Hell, flying raw data isn't a great challenge either. Besides, the FMS is nearly always deferred because people write up error messages and think the whole unit is Kaput.

Seriously, does it matter what you fly? In my eyes is all about pay and QOL, but that's just me. I am looking at these guys like the majority(not all) of Corvette drivers. A little insecure are we?

I've said it before...none of the dead and few of the injured will care what kind of airplane it happened on...responisibility is responsibility, period...in the words of the (great) rodney king..."why cain't we all jus' get along"?

i totally agree

Once I again everyone needs to calm the fu**** down and stop complaining about idiotic 19 year olds that have an attitude and think they are God's gift to the industry. Especially if you are the PIC in the CRJ900, 200 or even the SAAB, you need to be able to professionaly but "surely" put these guys in their place and teach them how to be a PROFESSIONAL. Yeah yeah I know many of you will say I'm not here to babysit anyone, but once again IT IS WHAT IT IS, and that's the way the industry is no a days. Not only do we have to deal with douch***s, but we have to pretty much fly, and think for the both until they have some experience. That's the regional world unfortunatly, and like someone told me once..."Work with what you have, make the best of it, and always do things with excellence".

we once said words to each other that might have not been the nicest.....but man, you are so right.... put them in their place while making them into professionals.... we have a lot of work ahead of us for some of these.... but let me tell you, I have met a few good ones, but the D bags stand out more....sorry to say

Depends on the airline. Jet Blue wants glass time

Why work at jetblue when you could work at a real airline that doesnt require glass (Alaska, UPS, CAL etc) oh and when are you "9" drivers going to ask for more than welfare money?

Originally Posted by sinkrate
And you left out the NDB approach was to a circle in two and half sm vis with a 30 knot xwind. We did that many times to 23 in CSG, with no approach lights or vasi.

Need 1500ft ceiling and 3nm vis to circle per FOM. Need this to even start the approach. Maybe you were compensating with the "sm" comment, but that would have worked the wrong way for you and only given you 2.2 nm vis.

I know, I know, this is worse than correcting spelling. There are a lot of new guys out there though and they new to know the correct rules.
I'm not familiar with XJ's Ops manual or your company limitations. The carrier I work for trained, checked and was authorized to use the lowest published circling minima in a Saab. For CAT C aircraft that is typicaly 800 and a mile and a half. I circled in those conditions more times than I care to remember.

Very few carriers are authorized for NDB approaches anymore. The OPS SPECS require you train and check every approach type in your authorizations. Even fewer are authorized to use circling minima. From your post it appears XJ is not autorhorized for circling minima. If your FOM requires VMC conditions for a circle I bet your type certificate has a limitation that states 'Circ Appr - VMC only'. Mine doesn't. But the nightmares I still have make me wish it did have that limitation.

If your FOM requires VMC conditions for a circle I bet your type certificate has a limitation that states 'Circ Appr - VMC only'. Mine doesn't. But the nightmares I still have make me wish it did have that limitation.

You are correct Sir.

Very few carriers are authorized for NDB approaches anymore. The OPS SPECS require you train and check every approach type in your authorizations. Even fewer are authorized to use circling minima. From your post it appears XJ is not autorhorized for circling minima. If your FOM requires VMC conditions for a circle I bet your type certificate has a limitation that states 'Circ Appr - VMC only'. Mine doesn't. But the nightmares I still have make me wish it did have that limitation.
You are correct. We still do A LOT of NDB approaches, mainly to Canadain cities.

On a similar note....

I was never typed on the AVRO (SIC or PIC), but I do remember doing a circling approach on the CA's type ride. I also remember the 1500 and 3 being a problem when GRB was doing construction a couple of years ago. So the question is, was this restriction put on the AVRO certificates? What about the CRJ guys?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back