• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba CRJ-900 F.O.'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's a big difference between autothrottles and CTOT, just as there is a big difference between a hotel in Greenville and a hotel in New Orleans.
You still have to set the power in the Saab, you still have to use at least half your brain when you fly the thing and you still have to fly with the old hags in the back who still complain about how noisy the Saab is after 9 years on the airplane. Those chicks are so old you don't even need to wear a rubber.

Hmm... So the autothrottles on the Avro didn't do that for you? Of course on the Saab you had to .... oh wait that's right flip the CTOT switch. Careful about some of those statements. The Saabs with the FMS working aren't the greatest challenge in the world you know. Granted 3 or 4 legs beats the hell out of 7 or 8 per day though, been there done both.

Come on man! LOL. CTOT? i wouldn't even call it a poor mans autothrottles.

Once I again everyone needs to calm the fu**** down and stop complaining about idiotic 19 year olds that have an attitude and think they are God's gift to the industry. Especially if you are the PIC in the CRJ900, 200 or even the SAAB, you need to be able to professionaly but "surely" put these guys in their place and teach them how to be a PROFESSIONAL. Yeah yeah I know many of you will say I'm not here to babysit anyone, but once again IT IS WHAT IT IS, and that's the way the industry is no a days. Not only do we have to deal with douch***s, but we have to pretty much fly, and think for the both until they have some experience. That's the regional world unfortunatly, and like someone told me once..."Work with what you have, make the best of it, and always do things with excellence".

These jack*ss FO's need to get a clue. With over 1100 pilots now if they want to further their career they will have to upgrade on the Saab. Hope their skills are up to par for an NDB approach in CIU in white out conditions with a crosswind and poor braking. Good luck Mavericks. Their ego's are writing checks their body can't cash.

Naawwww....After the merger with Compass NW will sell all the Saabs to Colgan. They aren't worth anything in an IPO. Of Course the bottom half of the seniority list will go with the AC to Colgan. And you left out the NDB approach was to a circle in two and half sm vis with a 30 knot xwind. We did that many times to 23 in CSG, with no approach lights or vasi. I thought a 'nine' was the 'antique twin jet Douglas', one of those planes pilots actually fly. Not an extra stretch Challenger with a cute little tail skid.

Damn..

Wrong, it's guys sick of you punk ass motherfvckers taking craps down their throats because you fly the easiest freaking plane know to man, to fly. STFU, you don't even have to set your own power. Have some respect for the Saab guys who have been flying a lot longer than you, you piece of crap. I hope your company gets your name, and puts you on the blanket party list.

It takes a hell of a better pilot to fly an NDB approach, than some button pushing moron who's probably not even sure how an ADF/RMI works with an NDB, and is just glossy eyed staring at the panel as your captain, a former Saab driver, takes the controls away from you once again because you have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE on what you're doing.

Damn, dog!

You might make this little punk cry! I mean, have a little mercy on the poor boy. He probably spent 5 yrs at ERAU drinking wine coolers and watching Wrestlemania at least 4 nights a week with a dorm comprised of 98.5% males (and the other 1.5% chicks who could pass for guys.)

I mean, if that's not "paying one's dues," what is? Mommy and Daddy had to shell out a lot of bucks and even possibly take out a 2nd mortgage on the "retreat in the Hamptons" just to finance such drudgery.

After all the money the kid has shelled out on hair gel and I-Pods, does it really matter if he knows anything about flying? Who needs NDBs, anyhow? Russians? Screw them!

Give numbnutz a break! He really knows hard times-hell he has to be very careful to stay away from open flame lest his hair gel ignite (see signature line.)

Last edited:
And you left out the NDB approach was to a circle in two and half sm vis with a 30 knot xwind. We did that many times to 23 in CSG, with no approach lights or vasi.

Need 1500ft ceiling and 3nm vis to circle per FOM. Need this to even start the approach. Maybe you were compensating with the "sm" comment, but that would have worked the wrong way for you and only given you 2.2 nm vis.

I know, I know, this is worse than correcting spelling. There are a lot of new guys out there though and they new to know the correct rules.

Must not have been fun to get stuck on the Saab for so long. I see this thread as nothing but a jealous outburst towards those who are flying the CRJ-900 as their first airline job.

I guess the 'years' of seeing Pinnacle pilots (for having all the jets and seeing those low time pilots make it to captain and move on to majors while you're stuck flying the NDB in the Saab at CIU) progress and now the newbies flying the jets is finally taking its toll.

Yes, there might be some 'stuck up' 900 FOs, but I see the same with some of you Saab captains...who should be lucky they upgraded to Saab when their knowledge and skills are sub par.

Move along!
I see you payed 10 dollars and chose this to be your first FI post. Good job, nice FLAME, now move along. Have fun in your upgrade to the SAAB someday!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back