• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba CRJ-900 F.O.'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I seem to remember a similar sentiment about the Avro FOs about 6-7 years ago on this same web board. For that matter I personally remember the attitudes of some of our CRJ-200 FOs when they first went into service along side of the Saab at 9E. I think in any operation with multiple types you will get a superiority complex among those in the equipment generally accepted as being superior. Just look at at mainline carriers where the the wide body guys consistently dump on and sell out the narrow body guys.

Yet another reason that generally I hate pilots.

It really is the most ungainly-looking jet in the skies, today. Looks like it'll break in half, and the engines are way to small. The Flying Giraffe.

you must be talking about the mad dog 80/83/90 or what ever you want to call the thing. Oh waith, the super strech -9

Someone needs to un-leash "the Staske". Give that guy some pickled eggs and a Budweiser and stand back. He will make any fo humble........or dead.

-Spartacus

I got something for you and it ain't beeno!

We heard a whole of smack coming from our Mesaba brothers about the quality of our operation and the 300-hour wonders. I feel for you guys....lived it.

I just hope that those of us Peaknuckle show just a bit more class than was shown to us by remaining silent.

Seriously, does it matter what you fly? In my eyes is all about pay and QOL, but that's just me. I am looking at these guys like the majority(not all) of Corvette drivers. A little insecure are we?

These jack*ss FO's need to get a clue. With over 1100 pilots now if they want to further their career they will have to upgrade on the Saab. Hope their skills are up to par for an NDB approach in CIU in white out conditions with a crosswind and poor braking. Good luck Mavericks. Their ego's are writing checks their body can't cash.

:uzi: SHINY JET SYNDROME:smash:

Must not have been fun to get stuck on the Saab for so long. I see this thread as nothing but a jealous outburst towards those who are flying the CRJ-900 as their first airline job.

I guess the 'years' of seeing Pinnacle pilots (for having all the jets and seeing those low time pilots make it to captain and move on to majors while you're stuck flying the NDB in the Saab at CIU) progress and now the newbies flying the jets is finally taking its toll.

Yes, there might be some 'stuck up' 900 FOs, but I see the same with some of you Saab captains...who should be lucky they upgraded to Saab when their knowledge and skills are sub par.

Move along!

Must not have been fun to get stuck on the Saab for so long. I see this thread as nothing but a jealous outburst towards those who are flying the CRJ-900 as their first airline job.

I guess the 'years' of seeing Pinnacle pilots (for having all the jets and seeing those low time pilots make it to captain and move on to majors while you're stuck flying the NDB in the Saab at CIU) progress and now the newbies flying the jets is finally taking its toll.

Yes, there might be some 'stuck up' 900 FOs, but I see the same with some of you Saab captains...who should be lucky they upgraded to Saab when their knowledge and skills are sub par.

Move along!

Wrong, it's guys sick of you punk ass motherfvckers taking craps down their throats because you fly the easiest freaking plane know to man, to fly. STFU, you don't even have to set your own power. Have some respect for the Saab guys who have been flying a lot longer than you, you piece of crap. I hope your company gets your name, and puts you on the blanket party list.

It takes a hell of a better pilot to fly an NDB approach, than some button pushing moron who's probably not even sure how an ADF/RMI works with an NDB, and is just glossy eyed staring at the panel as your captain, a former Saab driver, takes the controls away from you once again because you have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE on what you're doing.

Wrong, it's guys sick of you punk ass motherfvckers taking craps down their throats because you fly the easiest freaking plane know to man, to fly. STFU, you don't even have to set your own power. Have some respect for the Saab guys who have been flying a lot longer than you, you piece of crap. I hope your company gets your name, and puts you on the blanket party list.

It takes a hell of a better pilot to fly an NDB approach, than some button pushing moron who's probably not even sure how an ADF/RMI works with an NDB, and is just glossy eyed staring at the panel as your captain, a former Saab driver, takes the controls away from you once again because you have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE on what you're doing.

Hmm... So the autothrottles on the Avro didn't do that for you? Of course on the Saab you had to .... oh wait that's right flip the CTOT switch. Careful about some of those statements. The Saabs with the FMS working aren't the greatest challenge in the world you know. Granted 3 or 4 legs beats the hell out of 7 or 8 per day though, been there done both.

Don't worry, in six months time it will all even out and even the mighty mesaba niners will care mostly about days off and a pay raise.

Latest resources

Back