• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Court Ruling Part IV

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Talking to the reps can only do so much. Either they dont know what will be proposed or negotiated. Or if they do know they cant say anyway because of confidentiality. It is frustrating because we pilots never REALLY know what is going on. I feel out of the loop about what is actually accomplished.
It isn't hard to figure out, just think of every possible you can be screwed and apply. You see they have to find a way to get you to work for less and not quit. They have been pretty effective so far at other companies. ALPA is a business as well, they function in their best interests, and sometimes that's not your own.

I see ALPA using their position on the UCC to help direct strategy. You think it's all coincidence that timelines work like they do.
I hope you know that even if you liquidate and walk away, that the regional which does the work will have better pay and work rules than you would have. The sad thing is that the new regional wouldn't have big red skimming as much off the top.
When it's all said and done, I hope you stand strong, as ALL the others are watching - even if it means liquidation! You'll move on and find work elsewhere, usually for the better. Mngt uses starting afresh somewhere else as a scare tactic - one day you'll look back and laugh, while still being able to hold your head up high. NWA isn't out of BK yet, so they are going to play this out to the end, just to set a precedent! They might even go back to their guys and take the pensions.
If only one major had a group of Pilots that was willing to fight, NWA wouldn't have smelled blood in the water and it wouldn't have gone this way for you guys.
I hope SkyWest guys are watching, because as inadequate as ALPA is, at least they are putting up a fight and mngt can't just impose what they want, just because it's monday, and their coffee sucked!

Don't disappoint us by passing a steamy TA at the last minute boys!!

From a furloughed XJ'r.

Wonder if today will finally be THE day. Best of luck XJ'ers. Fcuk Spanjers.

I like the hat on kmox's kid. I actually took my pin off my hat and now use it as target practice. I hope all the current XJer's stand strong and not take it in the shorts. STFD

Ex- XJer

kmox

hey we need an updated picture of your son! Have you had time to create any more trouble makers?

Nope, no more troublemakers...he woke up with Pink Eye yesterday...sweet. Kinda reminded me what I used to look like after my fourth highspeed in a row.

PINK EYE??

What kind of playground are you taking him to? The one close to that strip club by the airport? ;)

GOOD LUCK TODAY GUYS!!

Maybe another delay. Because its cloudy. Good luck guys and don't let them get by with this sham bankruptcy.

Latest resources

Back