• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Court Ruling Part IV

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The last offer that MSA ALPA made to the company included a 5% reduction in payrates with graduated snap-backs as aircraft return to the property.

I read this in the MSP StarTribune....

"Mesaba is ready to impose labor cuts of 17.5 percent; the three unions have offered cuts of 15 percent."

(Source: StarTribune - http://www.startribune.com/535/story/738698.html)

Is this collectively or each union offering 15%???

okay here is the deal, the creditors are threatening to liquidate and i think the judge beleives them (that they will go for a chapter 7). This is a farce, why would the creditors want liquidation? Mesaba owns nothing to liquidate! yeah, they are going to get millions for....a pilot contract.....some gate agents and rampies....oh yeah, the ramp carts and trucks....i'll buy one of those red trucks for a couple hundred bucks! they are so old and beat up.....my point is there is nothing to liquidate.....and if the judge is dumb enough to beleive it......oh, i am sure he is promised something to stike us down yet again......thats how our bankruptcy laws work.....oh, does anyone know if we can appeal again to a fair court which is higher? and what premise would we be not allowed a strike? that we are too crucial to the nations flying? i doubt that......
Maybe they have to force the liquidation of XJ, in order to go after the big fish ........ MAIR!!
If you had spent the last year watching from the sidelines as these idiots spent millions on lawyers and got nowhere, yet you hadn't been paid for goods/services provided, you would be pissed too!! Obviously, they are sick of the game and are going to bring it to a close, unless Kishel does it first. I think they feel that they have a chance at MAIR's money and it may be the deciding factor in all of this.

Maybe they have to force the liquidation of XJ, in order to go after the big fish ........ MAIR!!
If you had spent the last year watching from the sidelines as these idiots spent millions on lawyers and got nowhere, yet you hadn't been paid for goods/services provided, you would be pissed too!! Obviously, they are sick of the game and are going to bring it to a close, unless Kishel does it first. I think they feel that they have a chance at MAIR's money and it may be the deciding factor in all of this.

Now you're on to something.

So, riddle-me-this: If XJ's so-called deadline will be missed, how is it possible a TA will solve thier problems... it would take at least two weeks to conduct roadshows/voting of this TA, all the time at current book. Suggestions?

Also in the Pioneer Press Friday 10/13/06:
Creditors protest Mesaba payments to MAIR
The unsecured creditors' committee of bankrupt Mesaba Airlines has asked the U.S. Bankruptcy Court to reject a claim by the carrier's parent company, Minneapolis-based MAIR Holdings, that more than $122 million it received from Mesaba was properly paid, according to court documents filed Wednesday. The creditors' committee told the court that roughly $11 million in management payments and $5 million in dividend payments that Eagan-based Mesaba made to MAIR in the 3½ years before its bankruptcy filing were "intended to defraud" the airline's creditors. The committee seeks to have the money returned to Mesaba's estate. In the filing, the committee also said that MAIR is not entitled to the return of $31.7 million in payments it made to Mesaba because they should be treated as an equity investment.

I read this in the MSP StarTribune....

"Mesaba is ready to impose labor cuts of 17.5 percent; the three unions have offered cuts of 15 percent."

(Source: StarTribune - http://www.startribune.com/535/story/738698.html)

Is this collectively or each union offering 15%???

15% is the proposed cut from each union, but it includes payrates, work rules, benefits, changes to vacancy language, etc... The actual cut to the rates is only 5%.

Geez, it really kind of makes you wonder if it's even worth it... I mean, great, you're only taking a 5% pay cut, but with all of the work rule changes, bennies, etc, you might as well find a different place to work...

Just prove me wrong instead

Why aren't you interested in talking to one of your reps about this?

I am quite sure that the MEC will not put a TA in front of the pilot group that doesn't have complete scope protection. I am equally sure that they will not put out a TA that has payrates identical to the imfamous "last, best, final offer".

Remeber, ALPA is only as strong as it's members resolve. And if you vote YES to a contract you don't think is acceptable, you have no one to blame but yourself.

As for XJ, if they didn't have a union, mgmt would have imposed what they wanted at least a year ago, probably much earlier.

Turbo.

He's not interested in talking to one of his reps because that would be too much work. But I am sure when the sh*t starts to hit the fan over there, and it will, he'll be the biggest trash talker of ALPA.

Why aren't you interested in talking to one of your reps about this?

I am quite sure that the MEC will not put a TA in front of the pilot group that doesn't have complete scope protection. I am equally sure that they will not put out a TA that has payrates identical to the imfamous "last, best, final offer".

Remeber, ALPA is only as strong as it's members resolve. And if you vote YES to a contract you don't think is acceptable, you have no one to blame but yourself.

As for XJ, if they didn't have a union, mgmt would have imposed what they wanted at least a year ago, probably much earlier.

Turbo.

Talking to the reps can only do so much. Either they dont know what will be proposed or negotiated. Or if they do know they cant say anyway because of confidentiality. It is frustrating because we pilots never REALLY know what is going on. I feel out of the loop about what is actually accomplished.

Latest resources

Back