Mesaba Chief Pilot and Recruiting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please,

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Red Tail family. Just an objective opinion here... (sarcasm intended.)

MM

I'll pass on the best advice I ever got while I was looking at buying a fixerupper house trying to make a little extra cash.

Don't walk away from that deal........RUN!!!!!!!!

STAY AWAY FROM THE RED TAIL FAMILY

Come on over....watch your career aspirations swirl around and down the bowl. Very small chance of an upgrade here within 5 years. The top 150-200 are not going anywhere. There are already 220 furloughees ahead of you. If only 60 come back, you will still be an f.o. for life here...

Won't there be any movement with the 36 900s?

A bunch of movement ahead. The 36 CRJ900s are just for starters. Don't believe the bitter people who are pi$$ed because they were hoping to see XJ fail. It's just all sour grapes from them and it's coming mostly from former XJ pilots who have moved on. I doubt a new hire will see a 2 year upgrade but it isn't out of the question. It will be interesting to see the recall list. I'm sure a lot of people are just milking out the furlough as long as they can so they can take their creditor claim and bail. I would guess that one half of the furloughed pilots have no intention of returning yet they remain on furlough so they can take a share of what should rightfully go to the furloughed pilots who do return. Greed at it's best.

actually I'd guess it's because most furloughs haven't had the chance of any recalls and haven't been required to resign when being hired wherever they are now. I'd bet several know nothing of what's going on and really don't care. I know of more not coming back reguardless of the 14.2 mil than those that do plan to return. Just wait to see how this recall shakes out on the 13th. That will be very telling on how things go. We may very well see the recalls hit the bottom of the list and start working their way back up, dropping many off the list as it goes.

Don't go 'here...'

Don't believe the bitter people who are pi$$ed because they were hoping to see XJ fail. It's just all sour grapes from them and it's coming mostly from former XJ pilots who have moved on.

Nope. Still here. Been here for over 6.5 years. Hoping for XJ to fail? Absolutely not. Bitter? Yep! I only wish somebody had steered me clear of the Red Tail carriers back when I was a newbie. This is what I am trying to convey to the applicants. Check out Republic. The DFO there is ex-XJ management, BUT he is one of the GOOD guys. If I were you all, I'd take a chance with him at Republic IN A SECOND before even considering Mesaba, or Pinnacle for that matter. Trust us, guys and gals. Until you hear otherwise, avoid XJ at all cost.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back