Mesaba cancels classes

jschroed

Total Time
some
I was just informed that the class scheduled for 9/26 has been canceled until further notice.

noonan

Total Time
8000+
They cancelled the Avro class because they're not sure what the court is going to rule on NW wanting to cancel the Avro lease. Court date is Oct 6.
The CRJ classes continue as scheduled.

DeltaLima21

Total Time
2500+
Are they going to continue putting new hires in the CRJ classes, or wait for the ruling on the Avro's?

Dodge

Four engines are nice
Total Time
6000+
I guess the furlough and downgrade notices will go out ......again. It's been a couple of years since the last reduction, so its about time to do a little house cleaning. No need for the last 100 or so pilots if 35 airplanes are going to be parked. If the Avro is replaced with 35 CRJ's, Mesaba will just staff to the levels that it was in 2002.

ClippedWings

Total Time
Dodge said:
I guess the furlough and downgrade notices will go out ......again. It's been a couple of years since the last reduction, so its about time to do a little house cleaning. No need for the last 100 or so pilots if 35 airplanes are going to be parked. If the Avro is replaced with 35 CRJ's, Mesaba will just staff to the levels that it was in 2002.
If they get rid of the Avros, do you think they would dump all 35 in one day? Or do you think they would go slowly?

dondk

Don't you wish
Total Time
enuf
Last time NWA removed the Avro's it was only 5 or 6 of them and over 2 months if memory serves correctly. I would guess it would bea slow trickle IF it was to happen again.

It does suck if this becomes an Avro for CRJ trade (35 for 35). Especially for the Avro crew's and Saab guys looking to upgrade into the CRJ.

Flyingtoohigh

Think of the Kittens
Total Time
ClippedWings said:
If they get rid of the Avros, do you think they would dump all 35 in one day? Or do you think they would go slowly?
It's Strong Bad!!

Whenever airline is in trouble just ask yourself, "What would Strong Bad do?!"

Dodge

Four engines are nice
Total Time
6000+
Say good-bye to some of your favorite junior FA's. If the Avro's go, so will good chunk of the FA's.

blackbox

Total Time
Why would NW want to get rid of the avros? Dont they want their regionals flying bigger planes?

and before everyone gets all excited, I am not an SJS case. But its no secret that NW wants ALPA to relieve scope so the can farm out 70 seat flying

littlebrownman

FlyHigh
Total Time
I was also informed this afternoon about my 9/26 class being postponed till further notice. I was also told that we should get another call on friday for additional info./update.

Atccfi

Total Time
>2k
Got a phone call today my interview on the 26th was cancelled.... I hope things turn around at mesaba for the better....

platinumclub

Senior Pic
Total Time
How about the guys that are currently in training? Are they gonna get the boot...CRJ, ARJ, and Saab???

jschroed

Total Time
some
Those in training are ok for now. I talked to someone there today and informed him the the next class was canceled. It was news to him.

Flying_Corporal

Total Time
blackbox said:
Why would NW want to get rid of the avros? Dont they want their regionals flying bigger planes?
I guess the real question is do you really need 4 engines to fly an a/c of this size ???

kmox29

I'm open! I'm open!
Total Time
Flying_Corporal said:
I guess the real question is do you really need 4 engines to fly an a/c of this size ???
You do if the aircraft is built in the UK. ;)

Workin'Stiff

Fire in 'da hole!!!!
Total Time
Lots..
There have been several times when they HR was recieving enough resumes from internal and rec's that there was no need to post on the website. So I wouldn't turn to that as the definitive source on pilot hiring... But there are quite a few variables that will affect hiring in the next few months...

Last edited:

fly4ever

Total Time
enough
XJ posted the vacancy award this evening for a CRJ class starting on the 26th for 6 newhires and Oct. 3 for 6 upgrades.

CRJ training is continuing until further notice.