• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba cancels classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They cancelled the Avro class because they're not sure what the court is going to rule on NW wanting to cancel the Avro lease. Court date is Oct 6.
The CRJ classes continue as scheduled.

Are they going to continue putting new hires in the CRJ classes, or wait for the ruling on the Avro's?

I guess the furlough and downgrade notices will go out ......again. It's been a couple of years since the last reduction, so its about time to do a little house cleaning. No need for the last 100 or so pilots if 35 airplanes are going to be parked. If the Avro is replaced with 35 CRJ's, Mesaba will just staff to the levels that it was in 2002.

Dodge said:
I guess the furlough and downgrade notices will go out ......again. It's been a couple of years since the last reduction, so its about time to do a little house cleaning. No need for the last 100 or so pilots if 35 airplanes are going to be parked. If the Avro is replaced with 35 CRJ's, Mesaba will just staff to the levels that it was in 2002.

If they get rid of the Avros, do you think they would dump all 35 in one day? Or do you think they would go slowly?

Last time NWA removed the Avro's it was only 5 or 6 of them and over 2 months if memory serves correctly. I would guess it would bea slow trickle IF it was to happen again.

It does suck if this becomes an Avro for CRJ trade (35 for 35). Especially for the Avro crew's and Saab guys looking to upgrade into the CRJ.

ClippedWings said:
If they get rid of the Avros, do you think they would dump all 35 in one day? Or do you think they would go slowly?

It's Strong Bad!!

Whenever airline is in trouble just ask yourself, "What would Strong Bad do?!"

Say good-bye to some of your favorite junior FA's. If the Avro's go, so will good chunk of the FA's.

Why would NW want to get rid of the avros? Dont they want their regionals flying bigger planes?

and before everyone gets all excited, I am not an SJS case. But its no secret that NW wants ALPA to relieve scope so the can farm out 70 seat flying

Latest resources

Back