Mesaba cancels classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TinGoose1 said:
I would think that the real question would be if the Mesaba MEC has enough backbone to require a higher payrate for the additional seats. If they roll over and keep current book for the same aircraft (more seats) they will be undercutting future gains with 70 seaters.

I wouldn't hold my breath. This pilot group has been down this road before. Delivery of Avros, parking Avros to scare pilots into a ho hum pay rate, same pay rate for a Metro FO as an Avro FO. However, I might be delightfully surprised.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they canceled classes for all A/C on the 26th or just the Avro? I know that the first week of training is indoc and isn't A/C specific.

We are holding off on future avro classes until new and definate plans are layed out by NWA. All actions to this point are preperation for new terms from financing. If NWA gets what they want, the avro's fly. If they don't they will be replaced or returned. Personally I think the new terms for NWA will be good and the avros will fly for some years to come. Not forever, but for the near future. NWA has a very good position to get the terms they want. Tingoose had some very good points. Hold strong. Make sure you do all you can to let the your union know how you feel about any possible pay reductions. For now that is all we can do.

Just saw this at MyMesaba.com Flight Ops section

- under the vacancy section, there is a big link titled CRJ Class Delayed. but the link doesn't direct you anywhere.

If expand the Vacancy section, and click on CRJ Class Delayed, you will see the CRJ class is delayed until the 10th of Oct. The award has the same people on it.

Latest resources

Back