• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba at Job Fair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One year upgrade on the crj and a number at mainline.

More like NWA ALPA is going to "take back their flying" nothing will be gained for Mesaba pilots. If it isn't from management its from our own "brother".

Let the bashing begin.

More like NWA ALPA is going to "take back their flying" nothing will be gained for Mesaba pilots. If it isn't from management its from our own "brother".

Let the bashing begin.

Um, what do you expect NWA ALPA to do? Do you think they should just ignore their contract to allow XJ to get the jets?

Um, what do you expect NWA ALPA to do? Do you think they should just ignore their contract to allow XJ to get the jets?

Amen! Somone has to stand up for all this flying to 'regionals' with mainline aircraft! Most of us didnt start this job to stay at a regional for life, those planes at mainline only helps.

Amen! Somone has to stand up for all this flying to 'regionals' with mainline aircraft! Most of us didnt start this job to stay at a regional for life, those planes at mainline only helps.

Believe me, I agree with you. The problem is, however this all turns out, those 76 seaters are not going to mainline. The only issue is with Mesaba now being wholly owned. If we were still independent, there would be no contract infringement. So, one possible outcome is that the jets go to a non-wholly owned, such as 9E (or good old SkyWest, or whoever).

What's the motivation of the NWA pilots here? What do they expect as an outcome?

What's the motivation of the NWA pilots here? What do they expect as an outcome?

Single list? Some of their concessions back? I don't know, but it doesn't really matter. All that matters is that NWA management is violating the CBA, and that can't be allowed to stand.

Single list? Some of their concessions back? I don't know, but it doesn't really matter. All that matters is that NWA management is violating the CBA, and that can't be allowed to stand.

Agreed on all counts. I just hope that they work with their Mesaba ALPA brethren, is all. Why? Because the only way ALPA is going to take anything back is through Unity, both within and between ALPA pilot groups. The only reason pilots b!tch about this stuff is ALPA does not have a good recent track record on cooperation.

Latest resources

Back