Mesaba ALPA Conference Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FIRE ALPA said:
For years our MEC has led us to believe that we had this great relationship with the NWA MEC and vice-versa. They had our backs/we had theirs. When the noose started tightening, this MEC continued its matra about standing strong, fly the contract, strength thru unity, etc. Last week they publish a hotline message telling us that we should polish our resumes and look for employment elsewhere.

I feel like the guy that invested in an IPO and later discovered it was a Ponzi scheme.

Our MEC was given an agenda by this pilot group for the 04' contract to strike by a certain deadline, and then didnt follow-thru back in 2004. So, why should we believe that they will hold the line now, or do what we tell them to do? Why should we believe ANYTHING that comes out of our MEC? They have proven time and time again that they can't Get R Done.

Maybe the collusion isn't just with NWA/XJ; maybe it extends to ALPA national and our XJ MEC?

Maybe it's time to start asking the question, "What Does Tom Wychor Do"?

:beer:

mmmmm lets see....3000 hours and hardly no PIC...where are those 40 grand a year flying jobs....lol

FIRE ALPA said:
Our MEC was given an agenda by this pilot group for the 04' contract to strike by a certain deadline, and then didnt follow-thru back in 2004. So, why should we believe that they will hold the line now, or do what we tell them to do? Why should we believe ANYTHING that comes out of our MEC? They have proven time and time again that they can't Get R Done.

Obviously 2/3 of the pilot group thought it was "ok." They negotiated the best they could. If it sucked bad enough, it wouldn't have been voted in.

Do you think its that easy to have the MEC "do what they are told" and thats it? Some people are just idiots and have very little sense on how things happens in the real world.Do you think the company told Brain Randow to get a cost neutral contract? Absolutely. The kicker with negotiations is noone gets what they REALLY want. Morons...

If the chest pounders are so driven not to "give up one penny," we should see a mass exodus April 1 of about 1/3 the seniority list.

FIRE ALPA said:

Someone close to the action please correct me if I'm wrong, but as I recall, the strike vote in '04 (like now) was intended to give the MEC PERMISSION to call the strike IF it deemed necessary, not just because a deadline has been passed (like in '04).

Whoop Whoop said:
Someone close to the action please correct me if I'm wrong, but as I recall, the strike vote in '04 (like now) was intended to give the MEC PERMISSION to call the strike IF it deemed necessary, not just because a deadline has been passed (like in '04).

You are absolutely correct.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back