• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba ALPA Conference Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For years our MEC has led us to believe that we had this great relationship with the NWA MEC and vice-versa. They had our backs/we had theirs. When the noose started tightening, this MEC continued its matra about standing strong, fly the contract, strength thru unity, etc. Last week they publish a hotline message telling us that we should polish our resumes and look for employment elsewhere.

I feel like the guy that invested in an IPO and later discovered it was a Ponzi scheme.

Our MEC was given an agenda by this pilot group for the 04' contract to strike by a certain deadline, and then didnt follow-thru back in 2004. So, why should we believe that they will hold the line now, or do what we tell them to do? Why should we believe ANYTHING that comes out of our MEC? They have proven time and time again that they can't Get R Done.

Maybe the collusion isn't just with NWA/XJ; maybe it extends to ALPA national and our XJ MEC?

Maybe it's time to start asking the question, "What Does Tom Wychor Do"?

I was refering to the ALPA call on Feb 15th at the LEC's houses.

I never listen to XJ calls...that jerkoff sounds like a mix between Bill Lumberg (Office Space) and Ray from Rainman. "Ummm yea....kmart sucks...time for wapner...time to move forward...and and...move forward"

Kmox...I can't vote (probie) so I'm along for the ride. If the ride sucks, like a ride on a bicycle with no seat, I'll move on.

I'm encouraged to see many XJ'ers saying "enuff is enuff, let's shut it down". I totally feel the same way about Pinch A Nickel. You can only be pushed around so much without finally punching back!

The only real power the pilots have is the power of the strike. Not the act of actually doing it but the perception by management THAT IT WILL HAPPEN. I believe that most regional management teams perceive their pilot groups to be factionalized and therefore weak.

Its been 5 years since a regional pilot group shut one down. These management tyrants need to be taught a lesson. It might was well be taught by XJ or 9E. That's what I'm stickin' around for, no lie!

Here's an idea...

From one former Redtail driver to small redtail drivers here is the view from where I stand and I strongly suggest you communicate it throughout your group..

Don't let management fool you in to thinking that Mesaba is all there is. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHUT IT DOWN!!!!!!

Think about it, the FOs make so little money that they can do almost anything else and make the same or more money.

The Capts all have type ratings and are employable at a number of outfits that make about the same wages.. Do not believe the hype that there are no aviation jobs because in the last 5 years I have had 5 of them. Furloughed twice, but every single one of them paid better than $40000/ yr to start..

In my case it was actually better for me to get laid off because I found even better jobs out there.

Last edited:
FIRE ALPA said:
For years our MEC has led us to believe that we had this great relationship with the NWA MEC and vice-versa. They had our backs/we had theirs. When the noose started tightening, this MEC continued its matra about standing strong, fly the contract, strength thru unity, etc. Last week they publish a hotline message telling us that we should polish our resumes and look for employment elsewhere.

I feel like the guy that invested in an IPO and later discovered it was a Ponzi scheme.

Our MEC was given an agenda by this pilot group for the 04' contract to strike by a certain deadline, and then didnt follow-thru back in 2004. So, why should we believe that they will hold the line now, or do what we tell them to do? Why should we believe ANYTHING that comes out of our MEC? They have proven time and time again that they can't Get R Done.

Maybe the collusion isn't just with NWA/XJ; maybe it extends to ALPA national and our XJ MEC?

He does alot more than you do. How about you, get in there and help solve all the problems.

FIRE ALPA said:

You have got to be kidding me. You sir, are one un-educated guy. Grab your balz and call a rep with this mantra.....I dare you.

Originally Posted by FIRE ALPA

Are you part of the 2% wimps too afraid to sign the Vote of No Confidence?

I'll tell you what, I have always said that I will not vote for consessions. However, I think that I can stomach 3% because I know I can make that back up without much problem. I sure as hell don't want this judge doing it for us. This bankrupcy is a shame and we all know it. Problem is, the rules are stacked in the company's favor. I would rather take 3% and not have to worry about finding a job, than 20% and finding another job. I don't know. I still can't see me voting in favor of ANY consession. But for those who beat there chest, it will get you absolutly nowhere. Sometimes it's good just to listen and make an informed decison. I've been without a job and it sucks. Let the MEC at least do their job and listen to what they have to say.

Latest resources

Back