Mesaba ALPA Conference Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

screwed_again

So what do your guys think of the conference call? Do we have faith in our MEC? Are the chest pounders who yell "not not penny!" finally going to shut their mouths and start engaging in some constrctive dialogue? We are in bankruptcy and we have to decide how much of a paycut we are going to take. It sucks, but its reality.

Oh look, I was right. NWA has you guys in a bind, your only hope of recieving a fair deal is to negotiate a deal based on fleet size. In other words if your fleet consists of as many airplanes as it does now, not one penny. There can be no complaint by the company over that one, unit cost is what is being negotiated not future deals.

screwed_again said:
Are the chest pounders who yell "not not penny!" finally going to shut their mouths and start engaging in some constrctive dialogue?
"Constructive dialogue?" Sounds like "pay cut talk" to me. I'm not a chest pounder, but when we give in and take it, just think about Spandex and Fooley rejoicing that their fraudulant plan worked. "Not one cent," sounds unreasonable. But with 49 saabs, I'm out of a job anyway and I can't stand the thought of doing anything to help a management team like this. Call it foolish pride, but there comes a time when you have to put it all out on the line. The time has come. I'm not going to purchase Jet-A with my paycheck. I'm not going to pay passengers' fares with my paycheck. I'm not going to pay for Foley's million-dollar mansion project. Not when I'm keeping my thermostat at 58 degrees because I need to save money.

We gave them their growth contract two years ago. They chose not to grow. They chose not to be aggressive and seek out other partners like all other regionals have been doing. They claim that it's our fault for being so senior, being so expensive, and therefore being a liability. I call it experienced, not expensive. We are experienced and senior because our inept senior leadership team has failed to provide expansion that would bring in new, "cheap" life blood pilots into the company. Do they expect us to negotiate new contracts with other carriers on our layovers in Detroit between turns? No, I tend to think that's their job. Those dispatchers at the Spectrum Center are surrounded by an SLT that is engulfed in incompetence and fraud. I'm tired of funding it.

I'm not a chest pounder, ... so I'll whisper. "not one cent."

MM

Last edited:
screwed_again said:
So what do your guys think of the conference call? Do we have faith in our MEC? Are the chest pounders who yell "not not penny!" finally going to shut their mouths and start engaging in some constrctive dialogue? We are in bankruptcy and we have to decide how much of a paycut we are going to take. It sucks, but its reality.

I am a realist. I am not a guy that says I am not going to give on cent. I am a guy that thought about it, and came up with all, I can give is 3-4% I believe it will be worse than that, so I put my house up for sale last month and now looking for employment elsewhere. A lot of you know me on this board and know where I stand on all of this.

Even if we get a status quo contract our SLT are crooked M.F'ers. I hate every single one of them and refuse to work at a company that they work at. There will be a special place in HE!! for these people.

I don't disagree with you Simon. Sounds like we are on the same track. I've started the ball rolling with my house as well. So much for flying airplanes for a living.

I didn't get to hear the conference call, but here's my take:

Do not give any concessions to this company. Nothing. If they are threatening to end Mesaba as a company because we will not negotiate lower rates, SHUT IT DOWN. I will not be bullied like the Comair pilots. (And they were bullied to the last minute..."no concessions, no Comair") If we face the same "no concessions, no Mesaba"...fine. No Mesaba.

I have other responsibilities as well. House, kid, bills, etc. However, I will not vote in a BS concessionary agreement for that. We can do other things in life. I urge all XJ pilots to walk off the job...I urge our MEC to call a strike if they try to impose a contract on us. DO NOT THINK FOR ONE MINUTE ABOUT GIVING CONCESSIONS.

This is the biggest game of chicken we have seen...honestly I would rather die than lose again.

Latest resources

Back