Mesaba Airlines Poised for Massive Growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesaba 90 seat pay tops out at $94 per hour

Mesa 90 seat pay tops out at $104 per hour.

SkyWest 90 seat override top out at $105 per hour
ASA 70 seat pay tops out at $104 per hour.

All this according to Airline Pilot Central.com You decide how and why this growth is being assigned to Mesaba.

Trojan

Those are the concessionary rates that we took under bankruptcy a couple years ago. In December we hit full snap-backs and go to DOS + 2.

Mesaba 90 seat pay tops out at $94 per hour

Mesa 90 seat pay tops out at $104 per hour.

SkyWest 90 seat override top out at $105 per hour
ASA 70 seat pay tops out at $104 per hour.

All this according to Airline Pilot Central.com You decide how and why this growth is being assigned to Mesaba.

Trojan

Easy! You have to look at the workrules also before jumping on the payrate wagon.
I would take Mesaba and 94.00 over Mesa and 104.00 if Mesaba had better workrules in there contract. Lets see, 94.00 at 98hrs of pay credit avg. a month or 104.00 at 80hrs of pay credit.

The New Premier Regional Carrier for the New Delta.

Put down the koolaid man. Your CRJ-200s are going to end up in the desert rather quickly. Getting 15 CRJ-900s and losing 17 -200s isn't really growth in any sense of the term.

Delta has already stated they have a few hundred more RJs than they want. That means there is going to be a net reduction of all flying across all Delta regionals. So every new airplane that shows up is at the expense of at least one airplane somewhere else. Don't gloat too much about getting shiny new jets when it means other people losing flying and therefore furloughing and the like.

My prediction is that NOBODY at ANY regional associated with Delta is going to come out of this mess with a sweet taste in their mouth. Good luck guys, glad I'm watching this one from the sidelines.

Easy! You have to look at the workrules also before jumping on the payrate wagon.
I would take Mesaba and 94.00 over Mesa and 104.00 if Mesaba had better workrules in there contract. Lets see, 94.00 at 98hrs of pay credit avg. a month or 104.00 at 80hrs of pay credit.

Hey, I'm not speculating. Just posting what is written on APC.com. I assume it's accurate, it is for my airline. No attacks, just facts (dam, I sound like Johnny Cochran).

According to APC.com, Mesaba has a 75 hour guarantee.

Mesa shows a 76 hour guarantee on APC.com

Trojan

Last edited:
Hey, I'm not speculating. Just posting what is written on APC.com. I assume it's accurate, it is for my airline. No attacks, just facts (dam, I sound like Johnny Cochran).

According to APC.com, Mesaba has a 75 hour guarantee.

Mesa shows a 76 hour guarantee on APC.com

Trojan

I wouldn't argue the Guarantee's at all. They are what they are, but I was just talking about whats in their working contract?

If Mesaba has a good working contract that gets their pay credit in the high 90's for line holders then I would much rather make a few dollars less an hour compared to a higher payrate with a ********************ty contract that gets me only to the low 80's.

This is great SEVEN!

Now we can create the new Mesa except it'll be worse than Mesa!

I can see why they want to create more jobs at the lower rate!

Count your blessings while you can. As a Mesaba Pilot as of late you know they don't have a habit of lasting long. Also count your blessings that you have 900's and Saabs. In the next two years you will see one tenth the number of 200's in the Delta regionals that there are now. More whip saw games. They suck and hurt everyone.

In the next two years you will see one tenth the number of 200's in the Delta regionals that there are now.

Where do you guys get this stuff? 1/10 the number of 50-seaters? Pull your head out of your a**.

Oil is $64/barrel and back in the price range that makes 50-seaters very lucrative. Passenger bookings are poor from the recessed economy. Seems to me that 50-seaters are going to be the hot airplane in 2009.

Latest resources

Back