Mesaba Airlines Poised for Massive Growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SEVEN

I'll preface this by saying that press releases/sources to follow shortly. i.e "speculation" for now.;)

200 new hires before the end of 2008
500 new hires before the end of 2009

Mesaba will receive their first 2 CRJ-900's to be operated as Delta Connection in February. We will then receive 2 a month until we have not less than 15 being operated for DCI. Management is expecting NWA to use the options they have for the CRJ-900's to give to Mesaba.
6 of the 900's we are rumored to receive will be operated by Pinnacle until the software issue is resolved that will allow Delta's software to integrate with Mesaba's (apparently the reason crewtrac crashed a few months ago)
Also, the American Eagle rumor is again surfacing. Training Department being told to hire at least 2-3 more instructors for the Saab, as Mesaba is looking to get at least some of American Eagle's SF340's.

All new airplanes to be operated out of ATL. The new ATL base to be as large as the DTW base ASAP.
The New Premier Regional Carrier for the New Delta.

I'll preface this by saying that press releases/sources to follow shortly. i.e "speculation" for now.;)

Mesaba will receive their first 2 CRJ-900's to be operated as Delta Connection in February. We will then receive 2 a month until we have not less than 15 being operated for DCI. Management is expecting NWA to use the options they have for the CRJ-900's to give to Mesaba.
6 of the 900's we are rumored to receive will be operated by Pinnacle until the software issue is resolved that will allow Delta's software to integrate with Mesaba's (apparently the reason crewtrac crashed a few months ago)
Also, the American Eagle rumor is again surfacing. Training Department being told to hire at least 2-3 more instructors for the Saab, as Mesaba is looking to get at least some of American Eagle's SF340's.

All new airplanes to be operated out of ATL. The new ATL base to be as large as the DTW base ASAP.

Just what we need. More poverty jobs.

this is where all the ASA people start talking about how it isn't fair and that we have really worked hard and really made this a great place and BH is the savior and our on time is soo much better...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
OH YEAH!

Last edited:
I work at ASA and it isn't fair and that we have really worked hard and really made this a great place and BH is the savior and our on time is soo much better...

Just what we need. More poverty jobs.

Mesaba 90 seat pay tops out at $94 per hour

Mesa 90 seat pay tops out at $104 per hour.

SkyWest 90 seat override top out at $105 per hour
ASA 70 seat pay tops out at $104 per hour.

All this according to Airline Pilot Central.com You decide how and why this growth is being assigned to Mesaba.

Trojan

I hope im wrong... ASA sees no new aircraft... maybe, maybe, maybe we trade 70's for 50's. Get comfortable in your slot at ASA cuzz you will be there for a while if not slide backwards..and watch 90's and 70's all over the place by other airlines..

All this according to Airline Pilot Central.com You decide how and why this growth is being assigned to Mesaba.

Trojan

That's great. So in 20 years or so I can make $94/hour. What will I make my first couple years? I bet you with a family of four, I would qualify for food stamps. How long will it take me to upgrade? On top of that, I get to fly with pilots a lot less experienced than me.

On another not, I am currently employed. I do have friends though looking for work that will not consider the regionals because they pay so little. It is degrading for a 15,000-20,000 hour pilot to fly for $20/hour.

Again, just what we need. More poverty jobs.

Trojan

Those are the concessionary rates that we took under bankruptcy a couple years ago. In December we hit full snap-backs and go to DOS + 2.

Latest resources

Back