Mesaba Airlines Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All the answers

Q: At what speed does the Anti-Skid turn on, and at what speed does the anti-skid turn off?

A: The anti-skid system is armed when the aircraft speed is above 33 knots. It will remain armed until speed drops below 15 knots. It is entirely possible that the anti-skid may have become armed due to high taxi speed.

Q: Last but not least do any of you Avro wanna bees know of any circuit breakers to pull that would make the airplane think that it was Weight Off Wheels?

A: C/B B1 on the overhead C/B panel. Squat switches can also be disabled by pressing the overhead squat switch ground test buttons.

Any more questions for the "wanna bees"?

The crappy thing is that now Mesaba is down another A/C and an AVRO at that which most liklely won't be replaced. That thing is totaled. Did you see the wrinkles in the fuselage I don't think it can be fixed.

At Allegheny last spring our mechanics did the same thing while repoing a Dash from the gate to the MX hangar in MDT. They didn't turn on the standby pumps and ran off the ramp and thru a fence. A hole was punched on the left side of the cockpit. It took several weeks to repair.

We currently have an aircraft sitting in ALB that smacked a goose about 1.5 weeks ago that may be totaled it went in the wing all the way into the spar. So now were down a dash here and some more flying has been cx.

OWELL JUST ANOTHER MANAGEMENT EXCUSE TO PUT ANOTHER SCABSAAB ONLINE.

Interesting

I know others are saying it cant happen but at my airline one crew did manage to leave an engine running and get all the way to the hotel before they got a call from the airport asking them to come back to shut it down..........

Brett Hull said:
That's BS. It was two mechanics taxiing it after a maintenance run, not pilots. They forgot to do something and didn't have any brakes.

Here is an artbell version of another "they [mechs] forgot to do something" airplane & terminal encounter: http://www.artbell.com/letters07.html
I think this one also was blamed on the pilots. At least, initially.

I don't know about the Avro, but on the ERJ, it's not as hard to leave an engine running as you might expect. If you turn the start/stop selector to "stop", the engine will keep running if the thrust lever is even a little off the idle stop. The checklist now reminds pilots to check the engine gauges to make sure the engine shut down. That's probably true of most FADEC controlled engines.

Any ASA folks remember the "Gadsden chain-link massacre?"

Also, the Continental MD-80 in Newark - the radome ended up just behind the gate counter.

Thank You eagle RJ!

Your post brought it back to me.........the power lever wasnt in idle and just slightly above idle in the story I related earlier.

Thanks for the reminder!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back