Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dueguard1 said:
Hey Murdoc,
How many mainline folks did you care about back when you took your first regional gig, did you even think ....
"Hey I'm taking away work from the Mainline, Hmm Let me not take this job because, Ohh I'm racing to the bottom myself"

Yeah right give me a break!

Well, let's see...I work for Skyway Airlines. Do you know who we are and who we provide regional lift for? That's right - we're the regional feed for Midwest Airlines and ONLY Midwest. We don't fly anything larger than the DoJet...you know, that 32-seat flying speedbump. We also have those small props, you know...the 1900.

So explain to me, how working for Skyway, took away a Mainline job...

Your time will come but, in the meantime, quit whining about not being about to get into the right-seat of an RJ at ONLY 900TT. Count your blessings because just in the not-too-distant past, the mins for regionals were over 3000TT.

BTW, I came to Skyway from the 135 world.

Thanks for playing.

HMM

HowlinMadMurdoc said:
And the race to the bottom continues...

With all due respect, you just don't get it. It's attitudes such as yours that's part of the problem with the industry today. It's called SJS.

Someday, when YOU have more experience, you might actually understand where those of us with FAR more experience are coming from.

Rant over...

HMM

Maybe if ALPA national and the MAJOR airlines weren't too proud to fly a SJ 13 years ago we wouldn't be in this position today would we! i don't want to fly a jet for any rejoinal...but I do because that is where you all too greedy mf'ers 15 years ago were above flying something so small! Let the regional carriers fly those RJ's! Why didn't you scope that flying in, therefore effectively saving your flying instead of beating your chest proclaiming you are above flying that small stuff! Right...f28 for USair....RJ, DC-9 the very first RJ...It is all a bunch of sh!t

dueguard1 said:
I WOULD TAKE THE GIG (@Mesa) even if it was only for six months...At least that would make my resume more competitive w/ the thousands of other Comair, Mesaba and whoever other furloughed folks out there......Heck it's better than just having Mom n' Pops Flight School on Paper........Besides all of you guys doing the Bitchin' and moanin' already have the 135/and or 121 experience, stop giving hell to the people trying to get a foot in the door!

How about you stop trying to get your foot in the door and get some experince, there is a reason that you can't fly 135 until you get the time. Take your time and build up some real flying, CFI, get your CFImulti, get a job flying boxes for a while(that will open your eyes). Then come to the door with your resume and you will walk right through it instead of having your foot in it.

edit: I see you have your MEI sorry!

Last edited:
doh said:
RJP, reread his post! It says... "you CAN'T expect...".
Thanks for the clarification. I missed the silent "t" because of the lack of a ' . Was too drunk to notice.

RJP said:
Nothing personal here but you are a great example of what is wrong with this industry.

Nothing personal taken RJP, no worries, and I respect your perogative on your response. But let me say if you think whats wrong with the industry is all because of pilots wanting to propel thier flying expeirence with a slight possibility to move onto something bigger and faster, then honestly i have to respectfully disagree imensely.
But I agree with what you said about me going to the job and "not really wanting to work at Mesa" I should of phrased that better, I really would of loved to have been offered the job, it would of been a great leap for me and I would of stayed at Mesa however long I needed to pay my dues however long it would of been. But I now have the op to keep chugging along building my time to work up to a co that I probably would be happier with, see what I am getting at? I don't want to come across like one of those 750TT guys who just take a jet job opp as just like "another step in the ladder to get me going". Hey I understand we have to pay our dues, and I am willing. I was the happiest man on earth when I got my first flying job in a C182. And I still take pride in strolling up to a C172 b4 I fly with a student. Yes, I rather be at a point where that 172 I stroll up to is a nice jet, but I am not taking any of this for granted.
That being said, may I dare ask what you think of the rich fellows that walk into a right seat of a C/Erj with 250TT after daddy paid 30K to one of those thieving grabastic money launderers of a co that give you training to get you a interview with a regional at 250TT? :D I am sure we would have some common ground there!. .lol.
And I met some of them, and they think they are Mr. Glory pilot flying a jet at low time!

It's this simple if you go to MESA you are a whore and you deserve to be treated like the piece of S*#t that you are. Respect yourself a get a real job that you can make a career out of.

Gelopilot79 said:
I went to interview with Mesa a month ago. They really need pilots bad and looks like that at least for the next 6 months to a year.
I didn't get the job tho, and all my buddies that work there said "its a blessing in disguise" I really didn't want to work there honestly cause of a few freinds that work there from what they told me about it. Grant it, I really would love to begin my jet-career going, but ultimatlyt I would really LOVE to fly for Expressjet, and Skywest/ASA being the next, even Eagle, but the upgrade is not buying me right now. So I am just chugging away trying to make my small sacrafice now as I begin to CFI here to get to XJT then regret going to Mesa.
Getting the job with them now is not that difficult cause they are hiring a bunch, they say attrition, but let me say this, attrition can be a flag for a co. depending on the REASON for the attrition. I found out from a few on the inside that most of them are leaving cause there fed up with Mesa, rather then what the co tells you at the interview of it being pilots going to majors, (they are actually going to 135's corporate, and mostly other regionals, oh and some to majors)
I didn;t get the job for a few reasons: 1) I didn't have close to the multi mins they wants which is 100, and I have only 57. I didn;t have the total as well, which I heard is 700, and I had at the time 685. 2) I been flying jumpers in a C182, which is a good time builder, but they like to see a current job with more IFR approaches, night, usuing procedures, etc. Plus I was just about to start my CFI job to get better exp. 3) I wasn't really granted the interview by Mesa themselves, my career advisor at my alma mater just put me on a list to be granted the interview since they were coming here to conduct interviews, and I told my advisor I am not at the mins yet, but why not see what happens. Must of been a glitch. The technical interview was pretty basic, but I stumbled on a few things cause I was told I had the interview just 2 days prior and didn't really prepare like I wanted. Plus I was in the middle of getting ready for my CFI Oral, then this all came into play at once. But it was a dang good interview expeirence and got to fly out to PHX for free. :)
My buddy is in training with them now, he said he is very unimpressed with how disorganized the co is, and he regrets leaving to prior job flying Challengers, and he didn;t even start IOE yet. So theres a few nuggets of info to digest. But if you have @ 700/100 and want to fly jets for a few years and get your time and leave, hey Mesa is for you then. Good Luck!

I am glad I learned to spell in high school and didn't waste my time going to college like this guy did. And he wonders why he didn't get the job. He should learn to spell first before worrying about getting a "jet job".

Dash8301 said:
It's this simple if you go to MESA you are a whore and you deserve to be treated like the piece of S*#t that you are. Respect yourself a get a real job that you can make a career out of.
I love how this "airline pilot" who was "screwed by mainline" also hates Mesa (check the profile). Anyone else you want to blame for what's happened to your life. Things going that well for you? It would be a better world without mainline and Mesa, wouldn't it be? You ever beat your wife to let out a little of that hate?

FreightNazi said:
I am glad I learned to spell in high school and didn't waste my time going to college like this guy did. And he wonders why he didn't get the job. He should learn to spell first before worrying about getting a "jet job".

Yeah, geeze, man I guess that was the reason././ .I had to write a composition b4 the interview. guess I must of screwed up huh... . excuse me if I had to rush through that post while running out the door
The "Nazi" in your name must be fitting if you think taking time to meticulously. . .( me·tic·u·lous.ly I did you the favor of self-scrutinizing it for you) be checking every grammer for a small random post on a message board! The guy wanted to know about the co, I saw it and decided to wing it at the last minute cause I figured i had some info he might like to know about. The childish banter on some responses like this on this message board is dizzing especially when it comes from "professional pilots".
I never gloated about being a college student, and if you want to hack on us, then glorify us on where you are without no college. I am sure you may have a decent job, grant it, a college degree is a bit overrated, but if your so acheived like you proport yourself to be, then please praytell . . .Unless your a capt for AA, UA, Southwest, CO Air, or any well reputed world renown co. . .then I will stand corrected.

Latest resources

Back