Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AirBoard

Hi Mesa,

This was in the papers, ouch sorry it's true! But hey, you guys worked so hard to get where you are. JO, a true bottom feeder, tries to lure a game fish in. God I hope not, my 667 votes say F@#$$ NO!

''Atlantic Coast pilots are among the highest-paid regional airline pilots. Mesa pilots, however, are among the lowest-paid. Hunt said he expected the airline's 1,600 pilots to vote on the provision by Nov. 7''

did the article mention that aca has how many on furlough? mesa?

cmon airboard lets work together and fight this rather than be a player hater.

Mesa

I am one of the ACA pilots on the street and I would rather be on the street than on with Mesa. I will make more from unemployment!!!

Oh, I forgot about the great "career opportunities" at Mesa!!!!

Wake up and smeel the coffee.

lets work together and fight this

Funny you should say that.

Prior to Mesa & CHQ getting TAs, the average hourly pay rate on 1/1/04 for a 50-seat jet CA with 6 years of longevity is $63.04/hr.

Comair leads in 50-seat pay at $67.53/hr. Almost 7% above average.

Even CHQ aimed above average, attaining just above industry average pay at $63.19/hr.

Mesa is at $59.32/hr. 6% below the average and thereby lowering the average overall.

Comair fought 89 long, hard days to set the bar for 50-seat jet pay. The goal is to raise that bar.....not lower it.

So, when it comes to "working together & fighting this" I think most small jet pilots are upset with their brothers and sisters at Mesa b/c they didn't work with the rest of the 50-seat jet pilots in the industry.

Last edited:
hey captain x,

realize comair's is a pre 9/11 contract and compare apples to apples. you are bitching about a 6% loss (OF a f!@#ing average). how many carriers in that average have pre 9/11 contracts?

if you use an average, half of ALL carriers are lowering the bar using your stupid logic.

how come mesa pilots get all the bitching and moaning. where is the outrage over ALPA whose successfull bargaining skills got the mesa contract (which for the billionth time improved on an already sh!tty contract)? Everyone blames mesa pilots and JO, but I think fault lies with the ALPA negotiating team.

CitationLover said:
how many carriers in that average have pre 9/11 contracts?

if you use an average, half of ALL carriers are lowering the bar

Those numbers were calculated using all current agreements -- including all concessionary agreements after 9/11. The only post-9/11 CBA that is below that average is the pride and joy of the Mesa pilots.

I intentionally, did not include any deal that was currently "up in the air" and did not use Mesa's or CHQs when counting the average so as not to count them twice or skew that average unbiasly.

Point being...there is an average.....the Mesa PILOTS, not the Mesa NC, ultimately were responsible for the end result being BELOW AVERAGE.

As far as blaming "ALPA" -- was the Mesa NC not comprised of Mesa pilots? Was the TA not ratified by Mesa pilots?

You always could have voted NO!

You get out of ALPA what you put into it. Local unions control their individual MECs. ALPA National only provides assistance.

Latest resources

Back