• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa, what's going on?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't worry about B1900DFO's comments, I'm sure his 1500 tt and years of line experience affords him a unique insight in to the inner workings of airline economics/management. I guess we forget that we're supposed to piss on the trees of all the destinations we fly in to. You know, pilots can be real territorial that way :)

Sorry, I'll stop the sarcasm.

I guess he thinks that never in the history of airline flying has an airline lost routes to another carrier. If I flew for Mesa, I doubt if I'd give a screaming crap about whether PDT used to fly there or not... Remember, there's idiots everywhere... Including aviation...

Bottom line, I'm sure if it were betweem flying for Mesa and noone else, he'd gladly accept the "CRAP" pay and go to work.

Don't forget that the pay rates at Mesa are more then 5 years old and they are 6 months into negotiations on a new contract. The pay will be getting better. -Bean

Mesa Pay?

What the new contract will look like for you guys/gals at Mesa?

Are you shooting for a leading contract (hopefully) since Comair/Air Wisc. bit the bullet and decided to?

Just wondering?

Jobear

I really hope the Mesa guys and gals will do the right thing and hold out for a contract that will make us all proud. This is not a stepping stone job anymore. Mesa will be the last stop of many like it or not. I hope to God that you guys will hold out for a contract that you all deserve. Please hold out for a contract that'll make your and my life better. We're all waiting and watching and hoping. I, as well as all other small jet pilots are counting on you. Good luck.

Probably not going to break new ground.

Mesa MEC probably isn't going to be going for a new industry leading contract. Right now industry standard would be a huge leap forward and going for a similar leap that Comair made in the current climate would probably be self defeating. We will probably be on strike by the end of October unless Adolf Ornstein changes his ways and actually comes to the negotiating table. The pilot group is completely fed up with management and aren't going to put up with it much longer.

Hiring

Sorry about that fly guy! My original post was for jetdriven. I know they are still turning out the san juaners. That program is a real money maker for the copany (at least it is consistant). They had interviews on the 24th but I dont know if it was just for the juaners or other apps. I'm stuck on the bottom level of purgatory. I was hired last year but never made it through ground school so no number no protection etc. I hear they are going to honor our place on a new hire list but dont know much more than that or if that is really even the case. Other than that dont know much except through 2nd and 3rd hand info. I'll post if I hear anything else.:( Hurry up and wait as usual!!!!!

we pilots at mesa air group see a strike coming. the MEC polled the pilot gruop and there was over 80% in favor of a strike. JO would like to CUT pilot pay here, an industry leading contract is probably asking too much.
Actually pay isnt the only major issue, its QOL. 9 days off a month and 6-on-1-off-6 on followed with a two day off (duty off friday at 10:50pm with a 6:05 show monday) isnt working for most commuting pilots. Second year FO on the 1900D is 20.39 per hour and 1.00 per-diem with no overnights equals 17,000 per year. Hell, a 12 year captain on the 1900D makes 36.00 per hour. disgusting! WilE that Adolph Ornstein line was funny!

I would say with the dallas ops and the new florida flying we will be hiring by the end of the year. there are about 20 guys on furlough who would be recalled by now but training is so backed up. Gouge in the training dept at AMW they will need more sim and flight instructors. That points to one thing, new hire classes. Hang in there guys.

Mesa Completes Recall of All Furloughed Employees

PHOENIX, August 12, 2002 - Mesa Air Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: MESA -
news), today announced that it has completed the recall of employees
furloughed in the aftermath of the business downturn caused by the
terrorist attacks of September 11. The latest recall involved 44
pilots, part of the more than 700 employees originally furloughed in
the Company's swift reaction to these tragic events.

"We are extremely pleased to be able to recall these employees back
to work," said Jonathan Ornstein, Mesa's Chief Executive
Officer. "With this action, we have now made employment
opportunities available to all of our workers furloughed last fall."

"Mesa was the first carrier in the industry to take the difficult
steps required to respond to both the steep decline in traffic and
revenue and the requirements of our partners, and we are now among
the first carriers to complete the recall process," said
Ornstein. "We feel it was our quick reaction at that time that has
enabled us to take this action today. Our action is a clear example
of the steps we've taken that have allowed us to maintain the
competitive cost structure that is the cornerstone of our growth
plans.

"We'd like to thank those employees impacted by our actions for their
understanding and patience and welcome them back to the Mesa family.
Given the thousands of airline employees still on furlough at other
airlines, we feel fortunate to be able to put this behind us," said
Ornstein.

Recall of employees on furlough began in late 2001. In addition, the
Company provided part-time employment in the administrative offices
to many of its furloughed employees. In one case, Company pilots
were utilized in the successful effort to win community support for
new Essential Air Service contracts, which have since been awarded to
Mesa.

Hey Beantown.

That certainly sounds like pure Johnny O spin, but what's up with the date on the story? Are we talking serious scoop here or what?

Latest resources

Back