• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa, what's going on?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone have any idea what the upgrade time in the 1900 will be looking like? Also any guesses as to which equipment and domiciles the last group is going to?

That's the news I've been waiting for

Anyone have interview gouges for Mesa? The ones on aviationinterviews.com are pretty old. Anyone interviewed just prior to 9-11? Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

P.S.--Some of us need to remember that there are literally thousands of pilots out of work that would gladly replace anyone unhappy at there current position...even with Mesa! Frankly, I could care less about the pay.

gouge

That info is right on. Just be prepared and think one step beyond just taking care of problems ie: CRM etc. In my case I had little experience in this area and they just wanted to see how one would approach problems. My impression was they were more interested in if they could sit next to you for 28 days vs how much you knew. Very positive experience. Attitude is everything!

Any of you MESA guys know whether this new Dallas stuff will be anything like the short lived "Texas Jets" they had a few years back, or is it going to be completely different? I knew a lot of guys who really hated the company after they bought houses in the DFW area just to have the company quit the idea 4 months afterwards. I too was put on an indefinate furlough (ground crew supervisor) when they left. I sure would like to know more.

Not even close.

All the Texas routes are Essential Air Service (EAS). That means that they are government subsidized and AirMidwest can fly the routes with empty planes and still be profitable. EAS contracts are for at least 2 years so that will be the minimum time for the TX/OK/AR bases. Since EAS is such an easy money maker for the company they will go all out to win renewal as well so those routes will probably be the absolute last ones to close. If you get in the front door at one of the outstations you should be set for at least two years. Granted the pay is still crap, but living in a place you want to be is worth a lot to some folks.

Latest resources

Back