MESA USAir crews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mav204

The PHL crew room has been alot more quiet since the reduction of MESA flying. Hearing people (MESA) talk about no lines, when is it that you guys finish flying for USAir and start flying for Delta?

They have already started flying for Delta under the Freedom Air Cert. and Callsign. I've heard and seen them in RDU. I think they only have about 4 cities thus far.

Taco Rocket said:
Expect to see us again next year when a CRJ-900 base opens in CLT.

You already have them in CLT! I heard its just temporary until the AWA contract expires! I would hate to be the crews that fly that thing into CLT! Talk about being looked at as a piece of Shi$!!! Not only will the WO's treat you crappy, but the mainline folks will really show u love... lol!!!

Good Luck

And now....the rest of the story...

Partially correct surf, we have been flying the 900's into CLT for a month or so now. However, ALL the 900's are still based in PHX, and trips are built which take us East coast for a few days, then return us westward. The number of cities served seems to grow weekly. This will likely be changing soon, as a new domicile of IAH has just been announced. They are sending 45-80 crews from PHX to IAH on starting 18DEC. No idea exactly how many crews or a/c at this time.

Best guess, this is a temp thing until the Company can reopen CLT without having to transition all the current ERJ guys there. When? Who the heck knows?

We just took delivery of 900 number 39, which is more than the original 38 planned, and we are hearing now that all 50 will be delivered. Also likely, these additional a/c will make homes on the East coast.

WSurf said:
You already have them in CLT! I heard its just temporary until the AWA contract expires!
Good Luck

What are the 900's pay rates anyway?? It does look kinda nice in the AWA colors.

WSurf said:
You already have them in CLT! I heard its just temporary until the AWA contract expires!

Mesas AWA contract expires not sooner than 2012.

"Not only will the WO's treat you crappy, but the mainline folks will really show u love... lol!!!"

Never had any problems with the mainland guys. Jumpseats with them very often.

WSurf, you know there is a tradition in WO hate towards Mesa. Always has been, always will be... Does not bother any of us...........

Relax Bro....

Last edited:
"mainland?" your not on the islands yet! Not uptight here bro, no need to relax! Not only is there a WO hate, but its a world hate! I bet Comair and ASA love you guys as much as us!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back