• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

10nCLR:
You forgot this:
Reagan:
the Battle of Beruit; Marine Barracks bombed, and lots of US Marines died, all televised. Reagan's response was to withdraw from Beruit and use less soldiers for conflicts. Huh? Um the US backed away from being attacked and humiliated. Bush would have set them straight. Today Lebenon is a lawless country and a hot bed for terrorist groups.

fastback:
Our economy would still be strong were it not for the rise in oil and this aberration in our credit system. Neither can be reasonably blamed on Bush.
Yes they CAN!!!

The reason for the rise in oil prices are two-fold: First, there is the Iraq War, which will now cost at least $3 TRILLION dollars. The Iraq War, along with Bush's dramatic expansion of our Federal Government has led to record deficits, which has lowered the value of the dollar-and oil is priced in dollars.
Secondly, Bush, with a Republican Congress for most of the last 7 years, has done absolutely NOTHING to get our economy onto renewable fuels, which would enable us to stop buying foreign oil.
The Economic Collapse, has come largely from a failure of our markets to regulate themselves. Bush and company (along with some help from the Democrats), has cut back the oversight, or never instituted the oversight, to prevent various individuals and organizations from making $ decisions that have been very, very bad in the long term. May persons want a short-term profit, and have ignored anything else, and were allowed to by the Feds.
Now Bush has been forced to Socialize a large part of our economy.

cliff
GRB

That's President Obama. Get used to saying it.

Nah. I watched the debate last night. Obama likes to call folks by their first names, apparently. When he can remember them, anyway. Otherwise, he just makes one up and muddles along. (To be fair, it is hard to remember the name of the ONLY OTHER GUY on the stage with you. You know . . the one you served a whole 147 days in the Senate with?).

He's not big on titles, apparently. So that's cool . . very gen X and gen Y of him.

I'll follow his example and refer to him by whatever name springs to mind (sans title) while giving him the "secret" finger while scratching my head. If he can do it, so can I, eh?

Last edited:
Hi!

I don't watch CNN at all. I actually get the majority of my TV news from Fox News.
Cliff
GRB

Tough break, Mesa folks. It's unfortunate that those of you being furloughed are probably the ones with the least time who will have the hardest time finding new jobs due to low total flight experience.

Nevertheless, take heart from the fact that every pilot who has ever left Mesa has never to my knowledge regretted it. Despite what you read here, your next employer won't care about Mesa . . . they WILL care about the valuable Part 121 90 seat CRJ jet experience you have under your belt.

For what it's worth, airlinepilotcentral.com has a great article on "what to do if you're furloughed", and I'd highly recommend it. Don't screw around . . get your stuff out, don't be picky, and if you can fly internationally, go out there and make more money than most of the FO's in their first 3-4 years at the legacy carriers.

A great motto from the British SAS:

"Who dares, wins".

Get that resume updated and sent out. You might be surprised who bites! There's still plenty of great flying jobs out there, but you're going to have to do some serious legwork to get 'em.

Last edited:
Actually, if you want to look at it that way, they started to increase dramatically in the final months. In the months after him leaving office they climbed back into the 4s and 5s. Or does the effect stop the day they leave office?

Unemployment stayed in the 4s until after 9/11, when it climbed into the 5s temporarily. Obviously, 9/11 changed everything. Neither Bush nor Clinton can be blamed for the economic issues after 9/11.

...And not to be too late with this....

Tonight's worst person in the world award goes to rockit85 for his unhumorous attempt to be a tough guy whixh backfired, making him look like an a$$hole.

Tonight..... rockit85...

worst
PERSON
in the
WORLDDDDDDDDDD.....

Yup....just as expected. Mesa will furlough approx 150 pilots and also offering voluntary LOAs for 1 year.

won't they make just about as much money on unemployment as they did at lowly mesa?

and going from 8 days off a month to this, they'll be so happy they won't know what to do with themselves.

Latest resources

Back