• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA to fly for Delta???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MESA to fly for Delta???

T-Gates said:
Grow up and stop blaming Herndon for all your problems.

T-Gates:
Didn't you know that is what the rjdc does, it blames their problems on everyone else! Their claims are based on lies and twisted facts, and their case is crumbling before their eyes. It's just too bad they are single handedly destroying this industry led by that loser DF and his sidekick JB!

It wouldn't surprise me if Mesa did fly for DAL,

A Virus has no choice but to spread. It is it's very nature.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MESA to fly for Delta???

T-Gates said:
Wouldn't you rather have ALPA Lawyers and Reps working on stopping JO from making a joke of the industry? Or do you just want to concentrate on what you and a very small majority of ALPA represented pilots want.....

IF you just paid a little bit of attention you and others would realize that it is ALPA policy that resulted in the creation of Freedom, which in turn resulted in the Mesa contract that has pushed us all into this "low ball" race that you call a joke. That same policy was responsible for the creation of Republic, which decidedly "helped" the Chautauqua pilots to do what they did. They also manged to coerce PSA and destroy ALG and PDT in the process. It won't be long before Mesaba pays the price and is forced to fly cheaper than PCL, which will get its day at the bottom of the barrel when the time comes.

Whether you like or whether you don't those lawyers and reps haven't been working on stopping JO or anyone else like him at any regional airline. What they have been doing is fostering the devastation of regional pilot groups in support of their mainline counterparts, who have in fact not protected a single job as a result of their predatory scope.

I'm all for scope that protects jobs, i.e., the job you have -- not the one that you want at the expense of mine. So I guess I do have a problem -- I'm not suckered in by smooth talking politicians that would gladly eliminate everyone like me if they only had the chance. I don't wish them well and I don't care if that pysses them off. Maybe one day they will wake up when one or more of the small carriers they want to squash today, makes a successful low bid on their real flying tomorrow. Just wait until management realizes that they can put that flying up for the lowest bid as well. By then it will be too late.

Why do you think airlines like JBlue, AirTran Southwest and UPS won't join alpo? They are smart enough to recognize that if they do, they and their companies will be shafted in the interest of the union's power brokers. They are much better off by keeping their independent unions (JB will eventually form one) than they would be by accepting token membership in the Herndon country club. I can only hope they'll continue to maintain their independence and stay out of that quagmire. If they don't, they'll be swallowed by the quicksand just as all the other small carriers have been.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MESA to fly for Delta???

surplus1 said:

I'm all for scope that protects jobs, i.e., the job you have -- not the one that you want at the expense of mine.

Aren't all scope clauses meant to protect jobs?

Why do you think airlines like JBlue, AirTran Southwest and UPS won't join alpo? They are smart enough to recognize that if they do, they and their companies will be shafted in the interest of the union's power brokers. They are much better off by keeping their independent unions (JB will eventually form one) than they would be by accepting token membership in the Herndon country club. I can only hope they'll continue to maintain their independence and stay out of that quagmire. If they don't, they'll be swallowed by the quicksand just as all the other small carriers have been.

One thing surplus... you say that ALPA sold the regional pilots down the river and it's all for the mainline pilot groups. Using your argument, why WOULDN'T JB, AirTran, SWA and UPS join ALPA? They are all what you would call "mainline" carriers, so they should be the "privileged" ones using your logic. Ya know... no one to oppress them - they would be the oppressors of their poor regional affiliates. Too bad, with the exception of AirTran, none of them have regional affiliates. UPS has feeders flying Caravans and twin Cessnas so I won't even count those.

Take it easy! :cool:

First off I hope that I never see Mesa flying under DAL. Mesa DOES NOT offer the quality of service that Delta expects, just look at their operation for other carriers, its sub par at best. This company is a plague that just keeps infecting other carriers. Soon we will all be working for nothing or not even working at all because of this. BE AWARE the more that MESA grows the more possiblity your career has to shirink. I am not too worried because Delta i believe has eyes and can see what goes on with this CHEAP product. If you think this is a slander at MESA, youre right.

OH and hey i heard that J.O. gives his reserve pilots $4.75 an hour on your days off to come over and polish his 15 motorcycles...

I don't think DL management really cares that much about quality considering that ASA, one of DL's own regionals, ranks dead last in just about every customer service field. The days of good service at DL have long since past.

DL is looking for cheap. If Mesa is cheap, they'll have a good chance. The only thing that could stop them is DALPA's contract.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MESA to fly for Delta???

surplus1 said:
IF you just paid a little bit of attention you and others would realize that it is ALPA policy that resulted in the creation of Freedom, which in turn resulted in the Mesa contract that has pushed us all into this "low ball" race that you call a joke.

Oh, I payed attention alright.....

ALPA's and the Mesa MEC policy was not to accept sub-par rates to fly the 70 and 90 seat jets! THATS what created Freedom! It was also the lack of job-protecting scope! Which you are trying so hard to break at DAL. Instead of Management giving in, JO created the ultimate whipsaw to break the pilot group. You cannot blame ALPA national for Freedom, that is very naive of you to even believe that....

That same policy was responsible for the creation of Republic, which decidedly "helped" the Chautauqua pilots to do what they did.

Now who's not paying attention.....

First off, CHQ is represented by the Teamsters, not ALPA. So how the HELL could ALPA national policy affect ther negotiations? I think Wexford management was the one taking the cue from another group (i.e. Mesa Management) in thier creation of Republic. I have not fully read the CHQ TA so I cannot comment on if it is anywhere near Mesa's TA.

They also manged to coerce PSA and destroy ALG and PDT in the process.

Didn't all 3 WO's agree to J4J? So, would I be off base to say that it was purely a descision of Airways management to give jets to PSA? I don't think so. All 3 took concessions, all 3 were ready to accept J4J, tell me how ALPA national screwed ALG and PDT on that deal...

It won't be long before Mesaba pays the price and is forced to fly cheaper than PCL, which will get its day at the bottom of the barrel when the time comes.

Now your talking out your ass.....

If anything, I think the consensus at Mesaba is that it is all or nothing on this contract. Ironically that was the same attitude your pilot group had pre-Strike. It seemed to work out for you guys! Why do you automatically assume the Mesaba pilots are going to lay down and let management take them down?! Someone has to set new precident...

As for PCL, we start contract talks late next year, but we have the same mentality that we need a significantly better contract. And most if not all of us are prepared to walk for it too.

Just becase one pilot group took a leap rearward doesn't mean that the rest of us do too.

I'm all for scope that protects jobs, i.e., the job you have -- not the one that you want at the expense of mine.

So you are saying that you want to trade someone else's lopsided opinion for your own?! That is more self-centered than anything you have accused DW and others at ALPA National of doing! So you now want to jeopardize the rest of our chances at getting Major jobs just so you can feel good for your final years at CMR? What a load of crap! Scope is protecting my future, not hindering yours.

T-gates, it's useless arguing with surplus. I'm willing to bet that he'd find a way to connect the Kennedy assasination as some evil Herndon plot to oppress the regional pilots.

Watch him contradict himself:

I'm all for scope that protects jobs, i.e., the job you have -- not the one that you want at the expense of mine. So I guess I do have a problem -- I'm not suckered in by smooth talking politicians that would gladly eliminate everyone like me if they only had the chance.

Can't help but laugh....

Freight Dog said:
T-gates, it's useless arguing with surplus.

Actually arguing with me is not at all useless, unless of course you have no argument. If you choose to attack me and ignore the evidence that supports my allegations, that's not my problem. If you can refute the evidence, do so. If you can't, then I'll wait for comments from thinkers like FDJ and the General. While I often disagree with them, they both have something to say and are worth reading. If the inference is a shoe worth wearing, be my guest.

Latest resources

Back