MESA to fly for Delta???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NYRANGERS said:
I know they can't fly for us due to our scope (MESA has a 90 seater). I wonder why JO thinks they are in the running for Delta flying? Maybe this is part of our concessionary deal, MESA can fly for Delta....they just can't use the 90 seater.

Hey ASA and Comair.....time to stop giving your money to the limp rjdc and focus on protecting the flying you have. You rjdc guys have been so busy trying to kill scope, this "new problem" has shown up.

I have a "new idea" for you Rangers. I think you should tell your MEC to underbid American by 20%, which should guarantee your future growth and recall, before 2010. To speed things up you should change your scope to limit all DCI flying to <40 seats. At that point, CMR pilots will underbid Mesa pilots by 20%, just so we can be certain of getting ACA's Do-jets, which Delta pilots will then be allowed to fly, getting you back within a few months.

Oh, I almost forgot. Comair pilots will also approve a Mesa-like Jets for Jobs program that will guarantee you all the "new" Captain slots while the "new look" is in the transition phase. That way you can have a status befitting your "rights" while you wait for the boom in growth that is certain to follow.

With a little more advice from you I'm sure we can figure out how to speed up our own "phase out" and return to you what is rightfully yours.

My last recommendation is that you hold your breath until it happens. It won't be long.

Re: Re: MESA to fly for Delta???

surplus1 said:
I have a "new idea" for you Rangers. I think you should tell your MEC to underbid American by 20%, which should guarantee your future growth and recall, before 2010. To speed things up you should change your scope to limit all DCI flying to <40 seats. At that point, CMR pilots will underbid Mesa pilots by 20%, just so we can be certain of getting ACA's Do-jets, which Delta pilots will then be allowed to fly, getting you back within a few months.

Oh, I almost forgot. Comair pilots will also approve a Mesa-like Jets for Jobs program that will guarantee you all the "new" Captain slots while the "new look" is in the transition phase. That way you can have a status befitting your "rights" while you wait for the boom in growth that is certain to follow.

With a little more advice from you I'm sure we can figure out how to speed up our own "phase out" and return to you what is rightfully yours.

My last recommendation is that you hold your breath until it happens. It won't be long.

Listen, I was trying to convey the urgency of MESA flying for DCI. I don't like the idea. I think it would be great if all DCI flying was done by either ASA or comair.

After reading your post a few times.....I'm starting not to care who does the DCI flying, and becomming less and less interested in seeing all DCI flying done by ASA or comair.

I know you are an "older" pilot who will retire in a few years. With this in mind, I try to think about the pilots of ASA and comair who will be there for a while. I know if we (Delta) pilots allow Mesa to fly 90 seaters (not for Delta, but to still operate them for America West) it will KILL growth for comair and ASA and may even cause furloughs. You are making it real hard to give a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**!!

NYR

Last edited:
J.O. also makes mention of bidding for DCI flying in the Nov 21st telephone hotline update (877-MESA CEO) - btw I'm not sure if it's been updated since so that snipet may be there.

To all the naysayers who are speculating that Mesa might have too much on their hands or can't arrange financing - you're ignoring a very serious problem. Mesa will bid for DCI flying and at their rates, it will be near impossible for any of the current stable of carriers to match them.

As for those who try to say Mesa can't get financing - maybe you have a point, but all I know is that Mesa is hiring like crazy and took delivery of a slew of RJs in the last quarter. The last time I recall people speculating that an airline couldn't get financing was Chautauqua after they were awarded DCI flying - that turned out to be quite obviously not the case as they seem to be getting RJs like crazy for DCI.

I'm not sure what can be done to prevent Mesa's growth but I wish everybody in the regional industry would recognize the severity of the problem. As an ACA pilot, I'm praying that things won't work out with our hostile takeover, but the way J.O. is such an aggressive SOB and is ready to fight this tooth and nail, I would not want to be against him, though I'd say he has long odds.

JT

Re: Re: MESA to fly for Delta???

surplus1 said:

This isn't about me. Try to take your silly little rjdc energy and focus it on helping your ENTIRE pilot group. As you focus so much of your jealous energy on trying to get what is not yours, you forgot to look over your shoulder at a bigger problem for the future of your airline.

Re: Re: Re: MESA to fly for Delta???

NYRANGERS said:
This isn't about me. Try to take your silly little rjdc energy and focus it on helping your ENTIRE pilot group. As you focus so much of your jealous energy on trying to get what is not yours, you forgot to look over your shoulder at a bigger problem for the future of your airline.

My friend I no longer have an airline. Lost it 3 years ago when it was bought. However, I still have a pilot group. Now tell me how I'm going to "help" it by allowing your pilot group to control its destiny and future? Should I just kiss where you'd like me to and count on your benevolence or should I just let my imagined sugar daddy in Herndon determine what's in my interest?

Re: Re: Re: Re: MESA to fly for Delta???

surplus1 said:
My friend I no longer have an airline. Lost it 3 years ago when it was bought. However, I still have a pilot group. Now tell me how I'm going to "help" it by allowing your pilot group to control its destiny and future? Should I just kiss where you'd like me to and count on your benevolence or should I just let my imagined sugar daddy in Herndon determine what's in my interest?

How do you come up with this **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**?? I am sorry (not) that your rjdc experiment is not going well. It never had any merit and many here tried to tell you guys that. They also said you need to focus your efforts on what is potentially happening with Mesa. That is the subject of this post.

I don't know where you come up with this...kiss, benevolence, sugar daddy stuff. You know what, forget it.......I don't give a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**!

Further more, you should be happy if mesa gets some (if not all) DCI flying. It would mean we would have givin up some scope language and that should make you rjdc guys happy. That scope that you and you rjdc guys are trying so hard to destroy.........congratulations you may have what you wanted.

NYR

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: MESA to fly for Delta???

surplus1 said:

The man (NYRangers) is trying to help you protect YOUR jobs. If Mesa comes in and undercuts the hell outta CMR and ASA rates, YOUR pilot group will disappear as well. DL only cares about money, they have no loyalty to the CMR and ASA pilot groups.

It's time to show some f@cking solidarity....

You think if you get rid of DAL scope that you will magically get all the 70-seaters you could ever want?! Hell No! Airlines like MESA would get them because they will operate them for 1/2 of your cost! Which DAL is starting to find out by outsourcing more and more of your flying to CHQ, and SKYW....

Scope exists for a reason, to protect Mainline jobs. Just as you are trying to protect you own jobs at CMR. How can you hold something against a whole pilot group that is only trying to keep thier jobs from being outsorced completely?

Grow up and stop blaming Herndon for all your problems.

Wouldn't you rather have ALPA Lawyers and Reps working on stopping JO from making a joke of the industry? Or do you just want to concentrate on what you and a very small majority of ALPA represented pilots want.....

Last edited:
Amen to that T-Gates.

It's already happening, look at how many DCI carriers there are now? Five, and rumors of a sixth is in the mix for the "phantom 45".

NYRangers, I know you know this already, but not all of us at ASA and Comair are "beer-bonging the RJDC Kool-Aid".

Stifler's Mom said:

NYRangers, I know you know this already, but not all of us at ASA and Comair are "beer-bonging the RJDC Kool-Aid".

I am pulling for you guys on your new contract. I also think it would be best for Delta, comair and ASA if we (Delta, CMR and ASA) did all Delta flying. Surplus and his kind make it hard to keep my position, but then I think of the majority of you guys.

The only concern I have with regards to ASA is....How did John Brieling get elected to the MEC? Or I guess a better question than how is why.

Hopefully we can keep Mesa out of the Delta whipsaw, it won't be good for any of us.

Regards,

NYR

The only concern I have with regards to ASA is....How did John Brieling get elected to the MEC? Or I guess a better question than how is why.

I have no clue other than there must be a silent majority lurking in the halls under the C-Concourse. My vote went for the runner-up. :confused:

Latest resources

Back