• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa to file bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To the OP: Unless you have a VERIFIABLE source then STFU....

Ok, I have a verifiable source. Mesa will declare very soon. I'm sure they won't liquidate though so relax, you just see the 145s disappear which will prob benefit the overall operation.

Maybe they'll even go out to China!

To the OP: Unless you have a VERIFIABLE source then STFU....
Why dont you STFU, since when do you need any type of verifiable source what so ever to post in the regionals section. STFU, to YOU!

Oh yeah, Mesa sucks!

Why dont you STFU, since when do you need any type of verifiable source what so ever to post in the regionals section. STFU, to YOU!

Simple request: just put a question mark (????) after the title of your post. Like they do on Jeopardy. Until $hit is positively, unequivocally certain. Then you can "phrase it in the form of a statement".

Simple request: just put a question mark (????) after the title of your post. Like they do on Jeopardy. Until $hit is positively, unequivocally certain. Then you can "phrase it in the form of a statement".

Suck it, Trebek!

I'll be first! MESA $UCKS!

Ornstein is such a tool and needs the boot out....but this is probably a very smart move now. Bankruptcy will let them shed the ERJ contracts and temporarily fix their pilot shortage problems, all while pilot contract negotiaitions are going on. Mesa still has 900 flying at Delta and USAirways along with all the flying at United ( none of this flying opens Mesa to fuel costs, it is paid by their codeshare). I am also hearing that they have made a deal with Bombardier for a 3 to 1 deal for swapping old CRJ 200's for 900's that are in demand. This just allows Mesa to have an all CRJ fleet cutting costs by not having to keep parts,maintain and train for multiple types of aircraft.

Bankruptcy will let them shed the ERJ contracts

This is notable. Training costs have always infuriated JO. But he did it to himself when he played Embraer off against Bombardier in order to save 2 cents per 50 seater. He has spent a TON of money over the years paying for that short sighted mistake.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back