• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa to file bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the Plane Buzz Banter, by Holly Hagaman.

"Last week Mesa hit the floor again, as shares dropped back another 13%, ending the week at a whopping 59 cents.

Meanwile, an important note about the lawsuit that the company told certain media outlets earlier this month that it had filed against Delta Air Lines.

No one can find a lawsuit.

You may recall that after Delta Air Lines notified Mesa that it plans to stop using Mesa to fly a portion of its contract flying, Mesa General Counsel Brian Gillman was quoted in any number of media outlets, including USA Today and the Associated Press, as saying the airline had filed suit against Delta Air Lines in Federal Court. To be more specific, he said the airline had filed suit on Monday, April 7.

Only one problem with this. No one has been able to find the lawsuit.
I asked my attorneys who are representing me against Mesa to look for it.

Nothing. Several subscribers who also have access to the PACER system (a database of all lawsuits that are filed) also report the same thing. Searches have been done for Mesa Air Group, Delta Air Lines, Freedom Airlines.

Nothing.

Emails I sent this week to Mesa Air Group CEO Jonathan Ornstein and the airline's VP of Corporate Communications Paul Skellon asking for the suit's case number and other filing information remained unanswered as of our posting.

Meanwhile, Mesa held its annual meeting this week. Nothing of note happened, as best we can tell, which means the shareholders agreed to keep the current board of directors in office.

Amazing."

I'm not really all that surprised. Used up that retainer fee?

Good News!

Yeah the "Union Knows".....right. Johnny O's background is stellar...just look at his bio on why he's not allowed to trade anymore in the market...I guess inside trading is still illegal. Declaring bankruptcy is just away for him to clean his slate. See how much of his personnel stock his wife sells before the declaration....

How immature and selfish it is to wish for Mesa to liquidate. Do any of you know how many people, not just pilots, will be out of jobs that put food on the table?

How immature and selfish it is to wish for Mesa to liquidate. Do any of you know how many people, not just pilots, will be out of jobs that put food on the table?

OH it's "Ok". America will be just fine. Free Enterprise is the American way. Not to worry about your family health insurance, fuel, house payments and all the other stuff the provider (pilot) has to deliver. I can live without Mesa.

OH it's "Ok". America will be just fine. Free Enterprise is the American way. Not to worry about your family health insurance, fuel, house payments and all the other stuff the provider (pilot) has to deliver. I can live without Mesa.

Freedom of enterprise so long as it's not taken advantage of...cough fuel prices cough

Freedom of enterprise so long as it's not taken advantage of...cough fuel prices cough

The people with the most oil do not have a free Enterprise. I believe we are in a recession. Airline fares go up and people spend more at home to live means desert storage for all the flying tools in more ways than one..

Latest resources

Back