• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa to file bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Mesa has lowered the bar far enough and if you work there, you're part of the problem."

Hmmm. Guess I should remember that the next time you request a jumpseat you d-bag. How high and mighty you are. At the end of the day I have a job and I'm trying to do it. And what do I get? Some jerk who thinks they know it all and have the answer to everything telling me how much we suck. We know that and dont need your arrogance remind us of it. If you knew any of us in the pilot core I highly doubt you would post such a thing. I'm not JO. I dont drink MESA-ade, I am not looking for a quick upgrade and I don't make the rules. Pull your head out of your @$$ and realize that in the end, whether you like it or not, we are all in this together. So get off the bullypulpit and and remember that you are no better than anyone else just because you work for ABC airlines.

I used to say a prayer every time my phone rang with that special phoenix number...
"dear lord, please make me a bird, so I can fly far far away... dear lord, please make me a bird, so I can fly far far away... dear lord, please make me a bird, so I can fly far far away... dear lord, please make me a bird, so I can fly far far away... dear lord, please make me a bird, so I can fly far far away... dear lord, please make me a bird, so I can fly far far away... dear lord, please make me a bird, so I can fly far far away... dear lord, please make me a bird, so I can fly far far away... "

Best of luck to the mesa guys gals, you really are good people. Unfortunately, I don't see Mesa being 'round come football season...

Who cares?

I think the more interesting questions are:
  • How would Mesa restructure under bankruptcy and what would a "new" leaner and meaner Mesa look like?
  • Will there be a shake-up of the BOD?
  • Will there be a "graceful exit" allowed for the CEO?
Bad stuff, all around for the Mesa pilots. Christ, they might have to take a concessionary contract after all. YIKES! :eek:

If so, I'd hope that they do everything short of a job action (cough, cough, hint hint) . . . I mean . . concessionary contract, diminished job prospects, furloughs, and a big fat bonus for the boss. Sheesh.

I honestly don't see much room for concessions, what else could they possibly give back?

[
  • How would Mesa restructure under bankruptcy and what would a "new" leaner and meaner Mesa look like?
Read the other stories on this, the BOD was re-elected and JO's contract was extended

[
Read the other stories on this, the BOD was re-elected and JO's contract was extended

Smoke and Mirriors to protect the dropping stock price back then. Expect more of the same while they get their B.K. financial statement in order for the court..

I dont drink MESA-ade, I am not looking for a quick upgrade and I don't make the rules.
Then why on earth did you go to Mesa? Did you get turned down by everyone else, and they were the only one who would hire you?
I'm not being a jerk, I really want to know why the hell you would purposely go to the crappiest company if you were NOT looking for a quick upgrade.............I'm waiting............

Then why on earth did you go to Mesa? Did you get turned down by everyone else, and they were the only one who would hire you?
I'm not being a jerk, I really want to know why the hell you would purposely go to the crappiest company if you were NOT looking for a quick upgrade.............I'm waiting............

You am a igit!

While you may not be a total jerk, you may have a different perspective (assuming you were a military pilot).

Really, the regionals, in general, were a place for guys to build time and get the he!! out to a better place, i.e. major airlines. Who wouldn't want a fast upgrade? The less time spent at a TSA, MESA, REP type regional the better. What is the better choice, go to a sh!tty place and spend 5 years waiting to upgrade, or go to a really sh!tty place and spend 2 to 3 years?

The real problem now is that we (major airline pilots) are, and have been willing to relax scope clauses so that these really sh!tty places now have 100 "regional" jets to fly. nuff said...out

Latest resources

Back