• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa to acquire Scenic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its funny how these "amazing" rumors are even spread. I heard there is going to be a Mesa 1900 base in DEN. Right.

FreedomAList said:
First this Mesa puke has heard of this little rumor. However, that dosen't mean much, since the 1900 drivers and Jet drivers at Mesa work for different certificates/airlines (Mesa and Air Midwest, respectively) . . . and make up/trade seperate rumors . . .

That being said, Mesa has been consistently losing EAS contracts around the country lately -- most recently to Great Lakes in the PHX area. The 1900's we do fly need homes, and our ALPA MEC has a ballot initiative that has been sent to the pilots for a "merger fund".

So I'd say this rumor might have some legs . . . but not many.

Oh, and the 1900 drivers are either WAY junior (can't hold jet captain slots), or WAY senior (don't want to upgrade to jet for whatever reason). The latter are mostly on the east coast though.

Freedom Fokker,

I doubt a merger fund is being created for that all encompassing scenic merger. Can you say staple if scenic rumor is true?

Irish Pilot said:
I love threads like this. Instead of giving it a title like Some Mesa Guy Told Me Mesa Is Going To Acquire Scenic. you call it Mesa to acquire Scenic as if you had sat in on the meeting or something.

Are you a journalist? :) Good spin!

Sorry I just wanted it all to fit on the thread page so I shortened the title. Thats why the first line explains it was heard from someone else.

Jim said:
I doubt you will see Scenic sold anytime soon.

Sorry to break it to you but I have heard from a few people that Scenic is on the block. Just because a company is doing good doesnt mean the owner wants to keep it.

Sour grapes

BoxPilot said:
Sorry to break it to you but I have heard from a few people that Scenic is on the block. Just because a company is doing good doesnt mean the owner wants to keep it.

I'm sure it's no coincidence that BoxPilot just joined, and this is her first post. Sounds like a disgruntled employee to me.

Last edited:
CitationLover said:
Freedom Fokker,

I doubt a merger fund is being created for that all encompassing scenic merger. Can you say staple if scenic rumor is true?

Fokker comment notwithstanding . . .

(sniff, sniff, pause as I wipe a tear from my eye, then smile as I look at my bank statement that has 80k in it from Freedom earnings)

I doubt very much a staple would ever take place with our current MEC. They'd rather appear fair in the eyes of the "brotherhoood 'o pilots" rather than protect the interests of our own pilot group (ok, I'll accept the irony of that coming from my handle here). Take that to the bank.

As to our meger fund . . . those in our MEC know something, but they ain't saying anything other than "trust us".

AS IF . . . .!!!!!!!

(seriously though, I haven't heard anything about a Scenic acquisition)

Last edited:
I think this thread is in the wrong category

May I suggest.........YGBSM...(You've Got To Be Spoofing Me)!

I was told the other day (from a very senior 777 captain) that United is looking to expand their route structure to include Grand Canyon West Airport. He told me that they are looking at a merger with King Airlines to fly the Cessna 207 and 402's. He seemed very excited about the prospect of transitioning to the Cessna fleet. He also mentioned that the 777 was a perfect training aircraft to learn the basics before moving on to something as complex as the 207. He said "the merger between United and King Airlines has been in the works for a some time now and the merger would be a leap forward for United in these tough economic times".

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back