• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA TA Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Mesa votes no and the pilots strike, there is no way that JO can transfer all the flying and assets to Freedom in order to fulfill the feeder contracts. The current President may not let you strike for longer than a minute, but you will make a point.

I gladly paid the assesments for the Comair strike, and I will gladly pay the assesments for the Mesa pilots. You help the entire industry and we will help you.

Mayday

fam62 excellent post

There has to be a big element of bluff here or he would just steamroll over you right now and break the union altogether while he has a window of opportunity. My guess is that the cost and complexity to totally circumvent ALPA and redesign the wheel from scratch would be astronomical.

I think this pretty well sums it up. JO must have a huge set to be bluffing like this. I say call him on it.

I gladly paid the assesments for the Comair strike, and I will gladly pay the assesments for the Mesa pilots. You help the entire industry and we will help you.

I think to put JO in his place and to get the Mesa guys a decent contract we will all gladly pay the assessment.

Stay unified!!

sad contract

I have not read all the posts above but get the big picture. Sorry if I repeat some things but here are a few things I noticed immediately that need to be addressed. Mesa should not settle for a TA that is not even industry average (it is below that of Comair, ACA, Skywest(no contract but better than this), Air Wisconsin, ASA and certain parts are below that of even Eagle). The pay is bad. Those that argue that this TA has quality of life are living in a box. You should at least get 11 to 12 days off a month. All the new contracts that have come out in the last few years have that. By voting for this contract we are going back in time.
The regionals might be the only airline some of us work for and you need to think of the future. The majors are not going to be the same as in the past. The 401k might be some of the only retirement some of us get and 2% match sucks. Social Security and pensions are a thing of the past for those of us that still have thirty years of flying to do. I think your MEC has sold you out and you deserve a lot more than this. These statements are even taking into account our current state of the economy. The regionals that pay better and have a contract better than this are still making money. Think about it. JO would have you believe that Mesa will go out of business if you get more. He is a liar.

Re: sad contract

cheezpilot said:
I have not read all the posts above but get the big picture. Sorry if I repeat some things but here are a few things I noticed immediately that need to be addressed. Mesa should not settle for a TA that is not even industry average (it is below that of Comair, ACA, Skywest(no contract but better than this), Air Wisconsin, ASA and certain parts are below that of even Eagle). The pay is bad. Those that argue that this TA has quality of life are living in a box. You should at least get 11 to 12 days off a month. All the new contracts that have come out in the last few years have that. By voting for this contract we are going back in time.
The regionals might be the only airline some of us work for and you need to think of the future. The majors are not going to be the same as in the past. The 401k might be some of the only retirement some of us get and 2% match sucks. Social Security and pensions are a thing of the past for those of us that still have thirty years of flying to do. I think your MEC has sold you out and you deserve a lot more than this. These statements are even taking into account our current state of the economy. The regionals that pay better and have a contract better than this are still making money. Think about it. JO would have you believe that Mesa will go out of business if you get more. He is a liar.

Cheezpilot, your post is right on the nose. Good post.

Vote No Please

Mesa Guys/Gals,

Please vote that P.O.S. down. YOU are better than that. Almost everyone else has a better contract than that TA now. As a COEX pilot currently in negotiations I know that would be a voted down by 99 percent here.

Bottom Line.

You either believe ALPA or you don't.

If you believe the union is telling the truth:

The TA passes, major growth at Mesa and we are in position to get that industry leading contract at the end of the contract when the industry is hopefully in a much better place.

If you vote no:

Air Midwest is sold off lock, stock and barrel and any pilots at Mesa unwilling to go over to Freedom are out on the street. Not further negotiations, not strike, out of a job.

If you don't believe what the union is saying than you believe everyone of their reps is out and out lying to our faces and are willing to take your chances that somehow in this economy further negotiations will get something better. Sounds like you would be better off at Freedom anyway if you have that little faith in ALPA.

My only question is how is having another 1300 pilots out of work in this economy is somehow going to help the industry as a whole right now?

He could sell them off anyway if thats what he has in mind.JO is not to be reasoned with,force is the only thing at this point he is going to understand.No lawyers,bankrupcy judge,ALPA,labor mediator or anyone else for that matter are going to blame you for turning down that crap.It is an insult!Other post have said this is not the time to fight,it is the perfect time.Remember mainline needs you now more than ever.If Comair can make money with their contract so can JO,and don't think they don't know this.A NO VOTE will wake everyone up,this is not a one way street.

Current TA needs to be sent back

This TA is unacceptable,. If Air Midwest goes away... so be it. If we get fired... so be it. I will survive, and so will everyone else.
Many of us didn't come this far to live and work in these conditions.

I would rather do something and lose. Rather than do nothing and lose. If this TA is a lose-lose, I would rather go down swinging.

Ranch'r

Gimme a break

<<Snip>>
If you believe the union is telling the truth:

The TA passes, major growth at Mesa and we are in position to get that industry leading contract at the end of the contract when the industry is hopefully in a much better place.

You have got to be kidding me. You are not even trying for an exceptable contract now, you think you will get an industry leading contract in five years? In the meantime your supposed growth is going to come at the expense of hundreds of fellow pilots out there. How does that make you feel?

<<Snip>>
If you vote no:

Air Midwest is sold off lock, stock and barrel and any pilots at Mesa unwilling to go over to Freedom are out on the street. Not further negotiations, not strike, out of a job.

JO, I mean Wile

Once again, you have got to be kidding me. Sold off just like that, happens all the time in aviation doesn't it. It is always cheaper to sell off a company than to negotiate a livable contract.

JO, I mean WileE are you that naieve? With attitude like that this POS TA will pass and the WHOLE industry suffers.

P.S. Enjoy the whopping eight days off a month.

Fine.

Some folks will happy to stand in the unemployment line, proud of their valiant stand in a losing battle. Others would rather pick their battles in a time and place where they can win. All righteous fantasies asside (especially from those whose jobs aren't on the line with this vote), right now is not that time.

Latest resources

Back