• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All very true, and unfortunate. The Mesa folks were against the wall, and did what they had to do. And that all has nothing to do with the latest polished turd signed up for by 418 Mesa geniuses.

At least they didn't sign the same turd the second time, I don't think it was a landslide YES vote.
I will bet the economy had alot to do with this TA, I'm sure JO was more concerned about trying to keep the doors open .Mesa has no money, so how can you ask for something that you know you won't get and will be told to go pound sand if you ask.

How will they have more leverage? They currently have management staring down a bankruptcy. JO needs an established contract to go forward with. Unfortunately, now he has that. The leverage is gone. Mesa pilots bit at this contract in how short of a time? How many pickets were held? If the Mesa pilots would stand up for themselves, other pilots would try to help. Unfortunately the Mesa group by-and-large contains a bunch of battered women who keep going back to their abusive boyfriend. (JO)

BK is not always the end. It would be called restructuring to eliminate the ERJs when Delta dumps them again and that would be the only way to get rid of them.

Um, this has nothing to due with the sackless 418. Besides, the UAW are talking about cuts. This bailout money is in the infancy stages. I am glad to see you are so in the know about it. The money may or may not show up, but the labor rates will be adjusted one way or another. When you have folks willing to do your job for much less (Mesa) your payrate will come down. (everyone else)

I was comparing what other industries are up against that have great contracts in today's economy along with the airlines..stop reading too much into it.

What will be the excuse next time?

Stay tuned 21 months from now.

Once you move out of your parents house, and have a life away from your job, you will want more days off.

Couldn't think of anything to say more constructive?

Which is why I never applied at Mesa

Good for you.

So the new bottom of the barrel contract removes all conditional language?

You seem to have all the answers, if you don't know as Pdubs.

Fltlvls - I wasnt talking about your old contract. Every time someone brought that contract up I always defended the mesa pilots because they secured the freedom flying all on 1 pilot seniority list. You had to give up alot to do it but it was the right thing.
Thank you for defending the Mesa guys on that one.

Im talking about this time. By being the current bottom, or atleast bottom 3, DCI carrier in pay, work rules, and days off, you guys had the oppurtunity to significantly raise the DCI average. There was no freedom this time, no bankruptcy, although I assume its coming, and no excuses.
Mesa has NO MONEY!!...Not an excuse but a fact.I doubt ALPA had much bargaining capital due to Mesa stock being in the crapper along with upcoming bonds due.They lucked out on the Aloha lawsuit.

I defended the mesa pilots for their last contract, but I can longer defend any of you unless you can show me you voted No.

Pdub

In a previouse post you said comair doesnt have 100% cancelation pay. That is absolutly not true. We have 100% weather, maint, poor crew scheduleing, it doesnt matter. If it gets cnx we get paid. If that cnx effects other flights on our trip we are pay protected for those as well.

The pay might not be there yet, but other things are i'm sure.

Absolutely I'm for improving our situation. The problem is that if this thread is any indication, there isn't enough unity between pilot groups for this to ever happen. This "my crappy airline is better than your crappy airline" mentality is playing into management's hands.

Personally, I think no matter what Mesa had gotten on this contract the people on this message board would have accused them of "not raising the bar." It just seems to be the fashionable thing to do. You guys on here provide no encouragement during negotiations and then act surprised when they vote in a lousy contract. What have all of you done to help them?

I don't think any of the regional pilot groups have raised the bar. The Comair strike was the last time I've seen any pilot group willing to take one for the team.

That's why you guys need a national seniority list. That will end all of this disunity amongst you all.

2 years from now there will be yet another excuse. "Us Airways is talking cancelling our contract, we need to take a paycut to give an industry leading bid". Watch, it will happen. But the market still does not think you will be in buisness in 2 months, so jump that hurdle first I guess. The problem is that every pilot I have talked to at Mesa has told me during the last 5 years to wait until the next contract, how they will show everyone the backbone they have, and they will stick it to Mesa for treating them like such crap the last couple years. Well, you can only cry wolf so many times before people don't believe you. We heard it the last 5 years, now we are hearing "in another 2 years we will stick it to them and get improvements." Well guess what, no one believes you anymore, actions speak louder then words, so excuse me and the other skeptical pilots on this thread that really don't want to hear an excuse for how mesa doesn't suck and that it will be better in the future. Sign a good contract, and I will respect you. Strike, I will stand beside you, and I will respect you.. But sign a pathetic ta, that deliberately undercuts EVERY other airline, and I will not respect you.

That's why you guys need a national seniority list. That will end all of this disunity amongst you all.

It is obvious that the regionals beat each other down the most when it comes to who has the best contract and who doesn't, Never have undertood it and probably never will.Actually why should i care!

It will never end......

Obviously the regional forum has the most opinions verses the other forums.Opinions are like bungholes, everybody has one and they all stink!

20,826 Threads 20,825 On Mesa Contract
418,586 Posts 418,585 On Mesa Contract

Herndon is a day late and a dollar short.....It's like watching Congress try to "fix" the financial problem now....Human nature is to wait until it is too late to fix a problem....

Many of us were pointing out this impending train wreck 10 years ago when it was still "fixable"....Good luck....

Yeah, it might be akin to putting toothpaste back into the tube but I'm not willing to just sit in the train or jump off of it while it continues towards the wreck.

Its starts by changing pilots mentality against some personal sacrifice for the better good going forward.

Junior Man. Enough said. RIGS will be a lot harder to get. Cancellation pay may be easier to get now. Who knows. However I don't think your new TA will help our barganing power at Republic.

Latest resources

Back